No announcement yet.

Was Michael Jackson a pedophile?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had one of those red leather jackets with 20 pockets as a kid. It was such a beloved object to me. I still think of my MJ leather jacket fondly... I just couldn't listen to songs that are written about raping children, now that I know that's what he was passionate about. Too distracting for me.

But I also get that people experience their media in different ways, and I envy those who are able to personally detach.

I had to give up one of my favourite electronic rock bands, Crystal Castles. They were a guy/girl duo, and the girl has claimed that in her time in the band, she was repeatedly raped by her bandmate. I have a lot stronger feelings for Crystal Castles (and R. Kelly) than I do MJ, but it's something I can't ignore. I think back on the show I saw where she performed in crutches with a broken leg, and I think that she was absolutely likely to have been raped on the night I enjoyed their performance. Too heavy.
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Working...
    X