No announcement yet.

Vlad Jr. Dynasty Value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just because it is a good offer does not mean you have to take it.

Comment

I worry about Vlad being the next Prince Fielder. I think I'd rather have Devers long term.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

I wouldn't be in a hurry to get Mize...from rotoworld:

Tigers RHP prospect Casey Mize went just 2/3 of an inning in his rehab appearance on Wednesday for High-A Lakeland.
        Mize has been out since the middle of June due to soreness in his right shoulder, and he struggled in his first chance to get back on the mound on Wednesday. He allowed two walks and a hit, and he struck out one. The original plan was for Mize to throw four innings or 60-to-65 pitches -- whichever came first -- but he needed 32 pitches to get those two outs, and the Tigers weren't going to take any risks. Mize is one of the top prospects in baseball, and this was likely just a case of him needing to shake off some rust. We should find out more about his status soon, however.
        And Prince Fielder had a damn fine career until he suffered that neck injury...
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
          I wouldn't be in a hurry to get Mize...from rotoworld:

And Prince Fielder had a damn fine career until he suffered that neck injury...
          Well it is a keep forever, no salary league. But always a risk in trading for an injured pitcher, especially the shoulder
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
            Yeah, pretty exciting to have his rights a couple of months. I took over a pretty bad team two years ago, in this format it takes some time to turn things around, but if Vlad can contribute I could do ok this year. Thanks to all for the input and discussion
            Fixed.

I would keep Vlad.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
              Fixed.

I would keep Vlad.
              ha ha. Yeah, gonna turn this one down i think. If Mize were healthy it might be hard though
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

ha ha. Yeah, gonna turn this one down i think. If Mize were healthy it might be hard though
                It would be. Devers has finally started too show the potential everyone saw in him.

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                  I worry about Vlad being the next Prince Fielder. I think I'd rather have Devers long term.
                  Vlad is listed at 6'2" 250 lbs. Devers is 6'0" 237 lbs, also quite a big dude.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                    So far this year Devers is the superior player. Vlad is 2 years younger and will certainly adjust and improve, I just can't figure if I think he will end up significantly better than Devers.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

So far this year Devers is the superior player. Vlad is 2 years younger and will certainly adjust and improve, I just can't figure if I think he will end up significantly better than Devers.
                      devers strike out rate has taken a giant leap forward this season

Comment

Devers vs Vlad debate: If everything was equal around them I believe Vlad is better but in a keep forever situation I like a guy playing half his games on the grass at Fenway vs. a guy playing half his games on the turf in Toronto (especially 2 big guys) also the lineup in Boston is likely to better throughout their careers. The thing with Vlad is the ceiling is absolutely ridiculous which i s something we all know.

Hey Feral Slasher, I believe this is a league we are in together lol.
                        Comparing a Fantasy Baseball Draft to an Auction is like comparing Checkers to Chess!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kldub4life View Post
                          Devers vs Vlad debate: If everything was equal around them I believe Vlad is better but in a keep forever situation I like a guy playing half his games on the grass at Fenway vs. a guy playing half his games on the turf in Toronto (especially 2 big guys) also the lineup in Boston is likely to better throughout their careers. The thing with Vlad is the ceiling is absolutely ridiculous which i s something we all know.

Hey Feral Slasher, I believe this is a league we are in together lol.
                          Well, it is a question about how long Vlad Jr will be in the field. He may end up DH-only before that turf does too much damage.

Comment

Working...
                          X