Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2K19: Catchers in One-Catcher Leagues---Is there any point in spending?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    I am not confused.

I may be wrong but I am not confused.
    Haha fair enough, glad to see that my struggle has grounds with two people taking opposite sides.

Comment

Originally posted by frae View Post
      Haha fair enough, glad to see that my struggle has grounds with two people taking opposite sides.
      Yep, happens often in here. Great food for thought.

I have to say I do not like to overpay for catchers. I do not mind paying value at this position. I hate paying value for MR's. I should be able to mine some in the endgame that makes me a tidy profit.

Getting $12- $14 worth of stats for 10 bucks at the catcher position seems like a bargain to me.

Comment

Yep, happens often in here. Great food for thought.

I have to say I do not like to overpay for catchers. I do not mind paying value at this position. I hate paying value for MR's. I should be able to mine some in the endgame that makes me a tidy profit.

Getting $12- $14 worth of stats for 10 bucks at the catcher position seems like a bargain to me.
        I've had him marked as my 10th keeper this whole time, but as we get closer to keeper lists going in the idea of $9 extra dollars got me thinking. I have tried to trade one for either a farm pick or something but with no luck. As long as Yadi stays healthy this week I tend to agree with you that having solid production there at $10 seems worth it.
        Last edited by frae; 03-04-2019, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
          correct.
          we get partial compensation - bonus FAAB units equal to the 13 lost - if Realmuto had gone to the AL, but no guarantee that would lead to a similar-level AL player being acquired in return.

I rolled the dice and won. I think Rotisserie ball is about rolling the dice. not sure what having only 1 C in a mixed league is rolling.
          And Judge Jude agrees with Mith, too! I think this cold front is not coming from the north but from way down south.

Comment

Streamer has Grandal at 12.8, BATs at 9.2 for 16 team mixed. Single catcher. Streamer has CJ Cron at the same 12.8 price.

If I was playing in this format, I would spend up to 10 on Grandal. I would prefer to target Omar Narvaez up to $5 (Streamer has him at a buck) hoping to get him cheaper. I think he makes a profit and allows me to spend elsewhere.
            I wonder if you have a positional adjustment set there. Or maybe it is just a difference in projections. My projection system (Rotolab with BHQ stats) has all of those guys well cheaper. Hell, Navarez is projected for 359 AB, 7 HR, 30 RBI, 36 R, 0 SB, .271, with a value of -$7. I am sure I could get him for a buck. As for Grandal, he was worth $10 last year, the most he has ever been worth. I don't think I would project him for higher. But I am sure he will go for higher as the best catcher on the board in my league (unless he is kept).

Comment

I play in 1-catcher and 2-catchers leagues. Frankly, I don't understand the need to talk down to or run down why anyone plays whatever style they play. Who cares if it's hard or easy? First and foremost and always, it's supposed to be enjoyable. So whatever makes it enjoyable for a group of guys, then good for them...take it and run with it. Personally, I don't like 8-team or 10-team leagues in any sport. But who am I to talk down to them or act like they're somehow lesser owners in lesser leagues?

It's supposed to be fun . If it ain't fun, then it's time to hang it up .

Comment

that works for me.

I was at HQ First Pitch Arizona in November, and the panelist bashing of anyone 'dopey enough to still play in a 2-catcher league' was really offputting. I have been a bit influenced by that, frankly. am willing to call a truce.
                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Flyman View Post
                  I play in 1-catcher and 2-catchers leagues. Frankly, I don't understand the need to talk down to or run down why anyone plays whatever style they play. Who cares if it's hard or easy? First and foremost and always, it's supposed to be enjoyable. So whatever makes it enjoyable for a group of guys, then good for them...take it and run with it. Personally, I don't like 8-team or 10-team leagues in any sport. But who am I to talk down to them or act like they're somehow lesser owners in lesser leagues?

It's supposed to be fun . If it ain't fun, then it's time to hang it up .
                  Yep I agree. I posted something like this in the other thread. I happen to like two catchers and I am happy to try to explain why. That is not talking down to those who disagree.

I have played in a mixed shallow league as a favor to one of my friends who was trying to get a league together and needed one more just to get some competition. We had All Star teams. It had an element of fun...but not my cup of tea.

RJ is a great source for all types of leagues and discussions. It helps me swim with the sharks.

Comment

Working...
                  X