Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• last keeper check (in two leagues)

12-team 5x5, normal settings for everything, 6 keepers

definitely keeping TTurner $16, Verlander $26. Almost certainly keeping Gallo $11, Clevinger $6 unless people have real strong opinions otherwise. My other options:

Soto $24
    KDavis $20
    Pham $11
    Mallex Smith $6
    Treinen $9
    Bieber $9
    Scherzer $46

14 team points league, only start 1 at each INF position, 1 any INF, 3 OF, 1 UT, 8 P. Pitcher scoring is weird - in addition to the normal component scoring, SP W are 10 but relief wins are only 5, QS 9, SV 9, BS -2. So a great SP is worth a ton, but a great closer is worth more than most SP. OF are a little less valuable because you use 5 infielders where major league teams start 4, but 3 OF.

Can keep two of Muncy, Puig, or Treinen.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

I would keep the ever consistent Khris Davis and his .247 ba for the extra nine bucks instead of "Trojan Horse" Gallo and his just barely off the interstate ba. This move alone probably boosts your team ba about 3 points in what is usually a close category in most leagues.

TTurner $16
    Verlander $26
    Clevinger $6
    KDavis $20
    Pham $11
    Mallex $6

Soto is tempting too. But, his young age and being injury prone in the minors makes me hesitate at that price.

In the Other league, i would definitely keep Trienen given the scoring setup. And i like free-agent-to-be Puig in the new ballpark. Muncy could see some regression now that pitchers have gotten a good look at his new swing.
    Last edited by madducks; 03-03-2019, 07:03 AM.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I like these 6

TTurner $16
      Verlander $26
      Clevinger $6
      KDavis $20
      Pham $11
      Treinen $9

Puig and Treinen

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Yeah, Pham and Treinen...

Agree about Gallo, he'll sink you in a BA league.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Huh, you all think 25 points of average and 10 or so RBI are worth $9 more from the UT slot than an extra 5 SB from 1B/OF?
          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
            Huh, you all think 25 points of average and 10 or so RBI are worth $9 more from the UT slot than an extra 5 SB from 1B/OF?
            Yeah, I lost a league where I was a point ahead on the last day, and the team behind me made up a point because the guy in front of him went 1-32, so he gained a point and tied me, and I lost the tiebreaker.

So I'm REALLY cautious of low BA guys now, but it's dealers choice...
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

I think you'll regret passing on Soto.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                Actually, Davis has outhit Gallo by .038 and .041 the last two years. And the ba category is likely to be a lot tighter than the sb category. An extra .003 in team ba is likely to have more impact than an extra 5 sb.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

For whatever reason all of the projection systems on FG have Gallo hitting .220ish this year, that's what I was going on.

I am probably biased because (a) I had Gallo in two leagues last year and won both easily, and in one I had Davis also, and (b) of the four projection systems on FG, all of them have Davis worth less than $20 and Gallo more than $11. But I will take this advice and think about it for the last day I have.

Comment

Working...
                  X