Keeper help - 2B & BB categories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeper help - 2B & BB categories

Hey, everyone. Looking for some help with my one keeper... it’s a mixed, weekly H-2-H roto league with standard 5x5 scoring plus 2B and BB. The number next to these guys is the round I would give up in this year’s draft, if I keep him. Any help would be appreciated.

7 - T. Pham. Solid. Good stadium and team. Injury concerns.
    10 - A. Mondesi. Doesn’t walk and he’s a scary proposition...but could really pay dividends.
    13 - Matt Carpenter. Can he do it again this year?
    19 - Michael Brantley. Inclined not to keep him, but not a bad option for a 19th rounder.

Thanks!

Who are your other keepers?
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
      Who are your other keepers?
      . It’s just a one-keeper league. These are my best options unless I want to give up a high round draft pick, which I don’t. Thanks.

Comment

I’d risk it with Mondesi.

Comment

Mondesi, although he's a little bit risky, offers the most upside. The other 3 are also on the wrong side of age 30.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

On a side note, I've never seen a league that has 2B but not 3B. What a strange feeling as you are watching your hitter hit one into the corner - "PLEASEEEE STAY ON SECONDDDDDDDD"

Comment

That league is nuts. I'd go with Brantley. Because of the round. With BB as a category and SB's only one of seven hitting categories and Mondesi having enough speed to turn doubles into triples, he's probably worthless even if he is good. Can you just keep nobody? If those are your best options, it might be better to do that.

Comment

I would keep Pham. He's a good walk guy. He's worth more than a 7th. I share Cavebird's concerns about Mondesi.

Comment

I think I'd go with Brantley.

You're only losing one round worth of players so plenty of good players will be available in draft.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                    I would keep Pham. He's a good walk guy. He's worth more than a 7th. I share Cavebird's concerns about Mondesi.
                    it's close but this is where I land as well. with only one keeper I think I'd lean to a low-risk move.
                    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by buffalopanther View Post
                      . It’s just a one-keeper league. These are my best options unless I want to give up a high round draft pick, which I don’t. Thanks.
                      I'm still curious who your other guys are. In a 1-keeper league I would almost definitely keep my best player even if they cost me a first rounder. The only exception would be someone who is a ridiculous bargain which you don't seem to have.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                        I'm still curious who your other guys are. In a 1-keeper league I would almost definitely keep my best player even if they cost me a first rounder. The only exception would be someone who is a ridiculous bargain which you don't seem to have.
                        I guess that's what I'm looking for with those guys I mentioned...a good bargain. Here are my guys worth noting (who were still on my roster at year-end):

1 - Harper
                        2 - Freeman
                        3 - Donaldson
                        5 - Nola
                        6 - N. Cruz
                        23 - Molina

Comment

I guess that's what I'm looking for with those guys I mentioned...a good bargain. Here are my guys worth noting (who were still on my roster at year-end):

1 - Harper
                          2 - Freeman
                          3 - Donaldson
                          5 - Nola
                          6 - N. Cruz
                          23 - Molina
                          What do most teams do? If teams are keeping guys who are 2nd to 4th round value (but cost a 20th round pick) then maybe you don't want to spend a first on a guy who is a low first like Harper.

That's a tough list - not a lot of bargains. Harper in the 1st or Pham in the 7th? Do you know what spot you pick in the 1st round?

Comment

1 - Harper
                            2 - Freeman
                            3 - Donaldson
                            5 - Nola
                            6 - N. Cruz
                            23 - Molina
                            Hard to know how much pitchers are devalued in a 7x5. Nola looks attractive otherwise.

Comment

Thanks for the input, guys. Don't have a real read on other teams' keeper tendencies, as this is only my second year in the league (won it last year, oddly enough). Seemed to be all over the place last year, as there were some good late round values.

Won't know (random) draft position until keepers are in.

Ken - its actually a 7x6 (my bad) with the addition of QS, along with Losses instead of Wins (the lower, the better...obviously).

Comment

Working...
                              X