Keeper help - 2B & BB categories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by buffalopanther View Post
    Thanks for the input, guys. Don't have a real read on other teams' keeper tendencies, as this is only my second year in the league (won it last year, oddly enough). Seemed to be all over the place last year, as there were some good late round values.

Won't know (random) draft position until keepers are in.

Ken - its actually a 7x6 (my bad) with the addition of QS, along with Losses instead of Wins (the lower, the better...obviously).
    Man, that's tough. If you feel lucky, keep Harper, but given that you could end up with the #1 overall pick.. presumably Trout/Betts will be kept no matter what, but maybe J-Ram or JDM or Arenado isn't protected? So I'm leaning slightly towards PHam.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
      Man, that's tough. If you feel lucky, keep Harper, but given that you could end up with the #1 overall pick.. presumably Trout/Betts will be kept no matter what, but maybe J-Ram or JDM or Arenado isn't protected? So I'm leaning slightly towards PHam.
      Yeah...I was leaning Mondesi earlier this week, but I think it may be Pham now. Mondesi seems to have too much of a boom/bust scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
        That league is nuts. I'd go with Brantley. Because of the round. With BB as a category and SB's only one of seven hitting categories and Mondesi having enough speed to turn doubles into triples, he's probably worthless even if he is good. Can you just keep nobody? If those are your best options, it might be better to do that.
        Or singles into doubles which is more likely.

How many teams? I like Mondesi in the 10th round and the more teams the merrier.

Comment

Originally posted by buffalopanther View Post
          I guess that's what I'm looking for with those guys I mentioned...a good bargain. Here are my guys worth noting (who were still on my roster at year-end):

1 - Harper
          2 - Freeman
          3 - Donaldson
          5 - Nola
          6 - N. Cruz
          23 - Molina
          If you want good advice, you need to tell us all the facts.

Nola is an absolute stud. What is the cost if you keep him? What does it mean to "lose a high pick"? You keep Nola as your 5th rounder?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
            If you want good advice, you need to tell us all the facts.

Nola is an absolute stud. What is the cost if you keep him? What does it mean to "lose a high pick"? You keep Nola as your 5th rounder?
            My bad if I didn’t explain it better. Whatever player I keep, I lose my pick in this year’s draft that corresponds to where he was picked last year. So the numbers next to the list of guys is the round I would lose. My comment about not losing a high pick is about, for example, not wanting to hold onto Harper and losing my 1st rounder this year (taking a chance that there will be a better option available in the draft).

Comment

Working...
            X