2k19 Offseason Transaction Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
    I think that we're finding out that Pittsburgh isn't a great place to play for some people...Brown and Bell are pretty significant losses. There's been a lot of other criticism as well, IIRC...
    I'm sure that Brown and Bell won't hold anything back and will have a lot more to say about Roethlisberger, Tomlin, etc. in the coming months. Although i can't recall any current or former Steeler's player ever criticizing the ownership. Even Brown, as unhappy as he was, seemed to be at peace with the Rooney family. Maybe Bell will be the first since he lost money. But that was his own fault IMO.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Ravens sign RB Mark Ingram for 3 years/$15 million

Chargers sign QB Tyrod Taylor for 2 years/undisclosed $
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

The Seahawks sign former Jets K Jason Myers for 4 years/undisclosed $

― Albert Einstein

Comment

The Raiders sign WR Tyrell Williams.
          Last edited by madducks; 03-13-2019, 02:13 PM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

The Redskins re-sign RB Adrian Peterson for 2 years/undisclosed $

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
              I think that we're finding out that Pittsburgh isn't a great place to play for some people...Brown and Bell are pretty significant losses. There's been a lot of other criticism as well, IIRC...
              Steelers have been terrible in controlling the locker room. Given that, Brown has to have something mentally wrong. He has been off the rails for at least a year. And he did THE worst thing a player can do by quitting on his team the last week of the season
              Good riddance.
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                Steelers have been terrible in controlling the locker room. Given that, Brown has to have something mentally wrong. He has been off the rails for at least a year. And he did THE worst thing a player can do by quitting on his team the last week of the season
                Good riddance.
                My money is on Brown having a recreational drug problem. It's probably a combination of drugs + mental issues. Unfortunately, Brown had too many enablers in Pittsburgh. Tomlin being just one of them. I'm looking forward to the first Gruden/Brown sideline blowup next season. Gruden isn't going to put up with Brown's antics like Tomlin did. All that being said, Antonio Brown is still the best WR in football. It's a shame he carries so much baggage.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                  All that being said, Antonio Brown is still the best WR in football.
                  Disagree. Absolutely still an elite option but don't think he's the best in the league anymore.

Comment

The Giants sign WR Golden Tate for 4 years/$37.5 million.

The Patriots sign WR Maurice Harris for 1 year/undisclosed $

The Saints re-sign Teddy Bridgewater for 1 year/$7.25 million. Bridgewater turns down a chance to be a starter in Miami to back up Drew Brees in New Orleans and possibly succeed him in the next year or two.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Speaking of Jon Gruden and the Raiders, they're having cash problems, yet doled out $3.6m to a washed-up Jordy Nelson as an early roster bonus in December. They also traded a 3rd rounder for Martavis Bryant, who the entire league knew was a suspension waiting to happen, and a 5th rounder for AJ McCarron (released yesterday), and brought on-board Mike Mayock, a former TV color commentator, as their GM. Of course, Gruden himself was out of the league for a decade, and his major moves last season were trading away all-world DE/LB Khalil Mack and bringing on-board the aforementioned shlubs and geezers (which also includes Marshawn Lynch and Doug Martin). Sheesh.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                        Speaking of Jon Gruden and the Raiders, they're having cash problems, yet doled out $3.6m to a washed-up Jordy Nelson as an early roster bonus in December. They also traded a 3rd rounder for Martavis Bryant, who the entire league knew was a suspension waiting to happen, and a 5th rounder for AJ McCarron (released yesterday), and brought on-board Mike Mayock, a former TV color commentator, as their GM. Of course, Gruden himself was out of the league for a decade, and his major moves last season were trading away all-world DE/LB Khalil Mack and bringing on-board the aforementioned shlubs and geezers (which also includes Marshawn Lynch and Doug Martin). Sheesh.
                        With all of the high draft picks (4 of the top 35) that they have next month, the Raiders draft should be so easy that even a caveman could do it. Gruden couldn't possibly screw that up. Or could he?

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                          If Curtis Martin is, so is Gore.
                          I don't know. Martin had 5 seasons over 1,300 yards and 4 over 1,400 yards. He scored double-digit rushing td's 4 times. Gore has 1 season over 1,300 yards (and only 3 over 1,200 yards) and scored double-digit rushing td's once. Gore's durability is amazing, certainly, but was he ever the best running back in the league or even his conference? Hard to see him as a hall of famer, especially when someone like Edgerin James isn't in.

Comment

Dolphins trade Ryan Tannehill & a 6th rounder to the Titans for a '20 4th rounder and a '19 7th rounder

Comment

And the Dolphins replace Tannehill by signing 36 year old QB Ryan Fitzpatrick for 2 years/$11 million.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Free agent WR Jordy Nelson retires from the NFL after 11 seasons.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X