Jo Adell vs Aaron Hicks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jo Adell vs Aaron Hicks.

AL only 5x5 OBP instead of ave. SB-CS instead of SB. 12 teams $260 budget.

Aaron Hicks is 2b can play him out or give him a raise at $5 per year.

Or Jo Adell is free until activated then is $15 for 3 years or can give raises after a year.

The elite rookies have trade value in our format. I am the Adell owner and told myself I am not trading him no matter what. Then today Hicks was posted.

I own Mookie Betts at 45A and Jose Ramirez at $40 for this year and next. I would most likely give Hicks a year. He would fit in nicely with these two.

I hate giving up this asset, but with only 10 keepers it might make sense to do so.

I am too close to the situation. I appreciate any and all comments and feedback.

Thank you.

On base league and just $2? I doubt a $15 adel is enough (in my league, very similar, adel isn’t even close)

Comment

Normally I would hesitate, but I'll pull the trigger.

With Mookie and J-Ram, you're going for it. Adell is the kind of guy you'd want to keep at all costs, to flip to a dumping team for an elite bat.

BUT. You can get Hicks now, extend him to $7, and get a full season out of him. Plus next year.

Instead of a half season of a $40 bat (for free, since Adell costs you 0 right now), you get 2 seasons of a $25 bat for $7/year. I think that's worth it.

Comment

Unless prospects are valued so high in your league that you can get better, jump all over this. You are in win now mode, and Adell is highly unlikely to be up at all this year anyway.

Comment

Agreed, I'd make that deal.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I offered Adell, Minor 8a, and my 6th round pick (first $5 round) for his Hicks and 9th round pick.

He said Wow, I didn't expect Adell, I am at a concert and will think about it and get back to you.

Later he rejected the offer and said he it is very tempting, but he is getting stronger offers. He said he may just keep and try to contend.

I think he got enough good offers that he has changed his mind about Hick's value.

Sometimes the best trades are the ones we don't make. I am not too sad about this at all.

Thank you for all of the input and help.

Comment

I think that you're going to be thankful in years to come...
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                I think that you're going to be thankful in years to come...
                Thankful that he plays in a league with good competitors who won't make a trade that bad in his favor? Yes, probably.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                  Thankful that he plays in a league with good competitors who won't make a trade that bad in his favor? Yes, probably.
                  Ha, nice.

It is all about knowing your individual competitors likes and dislikes as well as what currency your league values.

Comment

So he ended up trading Hicks 2b will need a raise and Borucki 5 and done for Lindor 10 and done plus JA Happ 15A.

Comment

Yeah, I'd take Lindor and what you can get for him even if not competing over Adell's lottery ticket any day. Adell has lots of tool, but the making contact with a baseball is not one of them yet. That can be very dangerous.

Comment

Yeah, I'd take Lindor and what you can get for him even if not competing over Adell's lottery ticket any day. Adell has lots of tool, but the making contact with a baseball is not one of them yet. That can be very dangerous.
                        I don't know that making contact is an issue with Adell, the sites that I've seen have been nothing but complimentary towards his approach. Does he have some swing and miss to his game? Sure, but he's still learning the game at an advanced pace.

Keith Law:

Adell has huge raw power and is blessed with quick-twitch athleticism, but it's his secondary skills that set him apart -- improvements to his approach, decisions he'll make as a baserunner or outfielder, and his aptitude for making adjustments. His swing can get very long, and he's probably going to have some swing-and-miss in his game as a result, though he has already shown an ability to recognize pitch types that's unusual for his age.
                        Baseball America:

The broad-shouldered, muscular Adell is a dynamic athlete with high-end power, excellent bat speed, plus speed and a plus arm. His quick hands allow him to get to high pitches, and there is a maturity and a purpose to his preparation and approach. He uses the whole field, adjusts quickly and stays balanced in his swing. One area Adell can improve is his pitch recognition and plate discipline--he had 111 strikeouts and 32 walks in 441 plate appearances in 2018.
                        Prospect 361:

The performance was indeed impressive. In 99 games, he slashed .290/.355/.543 with 20 home runs and 15 stolen bases. If you’re looking for issues, he didn’t control the strike zone very well striking out 25% of the time while walking only 7% of the time. But given his age and the competition in which he played, the year can only be deemed a huge success.
                        MLB.com:

While the swing-and-miss tendencies that concerned some scouts still remain with Adell, his bat speed and ability to read pitches and make adjustments more than outstrip the worry. He's shown the ability to drive the ball to all fields and his over-the-fence pop started showing up consistently during his first full season. Yes, Adell can still refine his overall approach to see more pitches and draw more walks, but the strides he has quickly made in pitch recognition bode well for his future at the plate. Adell's speed works on both sides of the ball, giving him the ability to steal some bases and enough range to play center field, especially as he improves his reads and routes.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                          So he ended up trading Hicks 2b will need a raise and Borucki 5 and done for Lindor 10 and done plus JA Happ 15A.
                          I would only go 2 years on Hicks to keep him profitable at $12.
                          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                            I don't know that making contact is an issue with Adell, the sites that I've seen have been nothing but complimentary towards his approach. Does he have some swing and miss to his game? Sure, but he's still learning the game at an advanced pace.
                            I think those quotes support my side, not yours, lol. Can he keep the swing and miss down as he moves up? Maybe. Then he'll be a beast. He only had 71 plate appearances in AA so far, and he hit .238 with a 31.0 K%. His good numbers in high-A ball were in the California League, which is not exactly pitcher-friendly. Lots of tools, but the jury is still out on the bat.

Comment

I think those quotes support my side, not yours, lol. Can he keep the swing and miss down as he moves up? Maybe. Then he'll be a beast. He only had 71 plate appearances in AA so far, and he hit .238 with a 31.0 K%. His good numbers in high-A ball were in the California League, which is not exactly pitcher-friendly. Lots of tools, but the jury is still out on the bat.
                              Spoken like a true lawyer, LOL. The jury is really NOT out on the bat, from everything that I read, but he does have some swing and miss in his game, at the age of 19...not surprising. He'll likely be a top 5 prospect nest season, if he doesn't turn into a pumpkin...I'll take the chance.

We'll have to agree to disagree, and see what the future holds.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                              X