Pakistan-India

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pakistan-India

Not that there's much, if anything, I think the US can do here, but two nuclear powers with a long troubled history actively shooting at each other is scary.

The government of Pakistan said its air force shot down two Indian aircraft inside Pakistani airspace on Wednesday after the Indian Air Force crossed the line of control

scary indeed; though as the US pulls back - literally & figuratively - from international affairs I expect more of this ... kinda like when the recess teacher goes inside for a bit ...
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

India-Pakistan has always been my #1 bet for a limited nuclear exchange
      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

My wife has a business trip to New Delhi area planned in a couple of weeks. I am keeping an eye on this situation and urging her to be sure the trip is required at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFurious View Post
          My wife has a business trip to New Delhi area planned in a couple of weeks. I am keeping an eye on this situation and urging her to be sure the trip is required at this time.
          Webcast meeting!!
          It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
          Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
            Some theorists say that nuclear exchanges never stay limited.
            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
              Some theorists say that nuclear exchanges never stay limited.
              Dropping megabombs becomes limitless rather quickly I imagine.
              ---------------------------------------------
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              ---------------------------------------------
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                I'd take that bet. They're neighbors, and not idiotic enough to drop nukes where the fallout will kill their own people.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                X