Nimmo or Kepler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nimmo or Kepler

Who do you like more and why? Is it close?

They aren't terribly far apart. We drafted Nimmo a few rounds before we drafted Kepler in our NFBC RJ entry. But I've seen some projections that have that reversed.

It really depends on what you are looking for. Do you need the steals and runs, or do you need more power upside?

Comment

Power more than steals, but obp edge for nimmo is very helpful. I'd be giving a decent prospect to get the deal done, and while adp says I should, my gut thinks Kepler might break out. Nimmo is 5, kepler 6. 14 team mixed, so upside is a big factor.

Comment

Wait, you need power more than steals and you are giving up Kepler and a good prospect for Nimmo? I'm lost, why would you do that?

Edited to add - note if the answer is OBP then that makes sense, I guess. I think I'd pass personally though.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
          Wait, you need power more than steals and you are giving up Kepler and a good prospect for Nimmo? I'm lost, why would you do that?
          Obp edge is substantial, and not a great prospect for a mixed league. I save a buck on nimmo too, but neither the buck nor prospect are much of a factor.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post

Edited to add - note if the answer is OBP then that makes sense, I guess. I think I'd pass personally though.
            Yeah, obp. Nimmo's is so darn good. But I do think I will pass.

Comment

I'd take Nimmo easily over Kepler, who I do like a lot this year. But Nimmo is a much better player who hasn't even played a full season yet.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                I'd take Nimmo easily over Kepler, who I do like a lot this year. But Nimmo is a much better player who hasn't even played a full season yet.
                This.

Go Nimmo go!!

Comment

well, that is what has me worried. He missed time with a hbp to the hand last year. had 22 HBP and seems to lean into them like Biggio back in the day. He also seems due for power regression. But he is an OBP machine with some speed.

Comment

They are pretty even to me. Hell, even my program values them identically. My slight worry with Kepler was the possibility of playing time concerns, but the extension gives me more confidence there. I would worry about Nimmo's playing time, too, but that assumes that Cespedes will play this year, so I am not so concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                      They are pretty even to me. Hell, even my program values them identically. My slight worry with Kepler was the possibility of playing time concerns, but the extension gives me more confidence there. I would worry about Nimmo's playing time, too, but that assumes that Cespedes will play this year, so I am not so concerned.
                      Raw chicken seems to be more of a danger to Nimmo's playing time than Cespedes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                        Raw chicken seems to be more of a danger to Nimmo's playing time than Cespedes.
                        He definitely does not have the cooking tool. Might have to downgrade him---we know that Cespedes can cook from his video!

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                          I would not worry about Nimmo’s playing time. He’s a full-time starter.

Comment

I would not worry about Nimmo’s playing time. He’s a full-time starter.
                            I am not worried. The only question would be if he, Cespedes, and Conforto were all healthy at the same time, one has to sit. That possibility is remote.

Comment

He took back his trade offer, so I am stuck with kepler. I think they will both he good.

Comment

Working...
                              X