companies you boycott

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DMT View Post
    Forgot about Uber and I've never had to boycott Starbucks because I don't drink coffee.
    Still surprises me that you do not drink coffee.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
      There's no good reason for anyone in NY or North Jersey to ever eat Dominos pizza, but that's got nothing to do with politics. You can get so much better pizza delivered to your home in almost every neighborhood around here.
      Same here in Chicago and north. Seems more about taste than political views.

Comment

I try to use local banks/credit unions as opposed to Chase/Wells Fargo/BOA etc. But that can be difficult.
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

boycotting a franchise means boycotting an owner and employees whose views may well mostly or totally mirror yours - not the CEO's.

in that case, your virtue-signaling is screwing over people you align with politically. but I suppose getting to feel smug makes it all worth it!
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
            boycotting a franchise means boycotting an owner and employees whose views may well mostly or totally mirror yours - not the CEO's.

in that case, your virtue-signaling is screwing over people you align with politically. but I suppose getting to feel smug makes it all worth it!
            Isn't it possible that you purchase a similar product from another company and the benefit their employees receive is the same as the "punishment" of the employees from the company you are boycotting ? Or do you think people boycott a company and then don't purchase something from their competitors ?
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

sure. but you well might boycott your local gay marriage-supporting Chick Fil-A franchise owner and instead spend your lunch money to line the pockets of your racist Popeye's franchise owner instead. so now you'd be going backwards.

also, Chick-fil-A is not open on Sundays - not even the one at the Falcons' stadium. this is seen as not just a nod to Christians but also a great convenience to all families, as each employee gets that day off guaranteed. the more you spend at Popeye's.....

finally, Chick-fil-A has been the fastest-growing fast food chain in the country since the touted boycott in 2012. last year, it opened a 12,000 square-foot, five-story store in Manhattan - aka Sodom.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

sure. but you well might boycott your local gay marriage-supporting Chick Fil-A franchise owner and instead spend your lunch money to line the pockets of your racist Popeye's franchise owner instead. so now you'd be going backwards.

also, Chick-fil-A is not open on Sundays - not even the one at the Falcons' stadium. this is seen as not just a nod to Christians but also a great convenience to all families, as each employee gets that day off guaranteed. the more you spend at Popeye's.....

finally, Chick-fil-A has been the fastest-growing fast food chain in the country since the touted boycott in 2012. last year, it opened a 12,000 square-foot, five-story store in Manhattan - aka Sodom.
                I was only responding to your claim that boycotting a company hurts their employees and pointing out that this is counterbalanced by purchasing from someone else. To put it another way, purchasing one chicken sandwich has about the same economic benefit no matter where you buy it
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Chik-Fil-A -

Really good Chicken Sandwich - Better Customer Service than ANY fast food provider. We dont eat there often, but every time I do I am always amazed at the positive experience we have there.
                  It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                  Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Almost as smug as you feel making this comment!
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

touche!

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

chick-fil-a has a franchise in falcons stadium but not on Sundays? so in the future they are predicting the NFL schedule will change and most games will be played on Saturday? hmm savvy move.

Comment

I believe the Falcons expect to get more concerts, international soccer games, and other major events than most stadiums currently do. most of those events would be on Saturdays.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
                            Chik-Fil-A -

Really good Chicken Sandwich - Better Customer Service than ANY fast food provider. We dont eat there often, but every time I do I am always amazed at the positive experience we have there.
                            Wow, I am going to have to try them again.

I went to drive through once and found the chicken sandwich to be so dry and mundane that I said I would not go back.

I do not boycott food places for any reason than I think their food sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post

I do not boycott food places for any reason than I think their food sucks.
                              I dont even do that, sometimes. I have perma banned Jimmy John's cuz it got me sick 3 times in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                                I dont even do that, sometimes. I have perma banned Jimmy John's cuz it got me sick 3 times in a row.
                                2 in a row wasnt't enough ?

George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X