Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The price of Turner just went up...way up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The price of Turner just went up...way up.

Nationals manager Davey Martinez said Thursday that if Trea Turner "attempts 75-80 [stolen bases], we’ll be in great shape."
    MASN's Mark Zuckerman notes that only nine major leaguers have attempted 75-plus steals in a season over the last decade and that only four have attempted 80 or more. Turner swiped a National League-leading 43 bags on 52 attempts in 2018. It's nice to have goals, and the fact that Martinez is pushing the idea speaks to Turner's amazing athleticism and possibly elite-level fantasy upside.

SOURCE: MASN

Uh, sure! More ST hype bullshit.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

yea, piss on my leg and tell me its raining. I believe approximately 0% of what anyone says until Opening Day.
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Agree this will inevitably drive his price up but also agree with Hammer says that it's ultimately just noise and means next to nothing.

Comment

Little chance if he's batting out of the 2 spot as RR has him projected. But if they bat him first in front of Rendon and Soto, who both see a lot of pitches, he could approach 80.

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
            Uh, sure! More ST hype bullshit.
            Never the less his price goes up if his Manager is on board for 80 attempts.

Comment

Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
              Agree this will inevitably drive his price up but also agree with Hammer says that it's ultimately just noise and means next to nothing.
              Yep...unless you are bidding for him against somebody who has read this.

I did not say it was true. I said his price has just went up.

This is different than "the best shape of his life."

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                Yep...unless you are bidding for him against somebody who has read this.

I did not say it was true. I said his price has just went up.

This is different than "the best shape of his life."

I agree that the less than seasoned fantasy player will think this little nugget is valuable insight, thus Turner will prolly not be on a lot of fantasy veteran rosters.

I like turner this year. I just dont think we gleaned anything special from Martinez's comments.
                After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

I doubt the price changes. Everyone knows he has speed. Those who are into it enough to know the quote will likely also know how meaningless it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                    I agree that the less than seasoned fantasy player will think this little nugget is valuable insight, thus Turner will prolly not be on a lot of fantasy veteran rosters.

I like turner this year. I just dont think we gleaned anything special from Martinez's comments.
                    DM's comments mean nothing to me, but I was a big fan of Turner already. I'm a vet, and I'm hoping to be able to grab him in a keeper league where he's available in the draft . But then that league is a league of veterans, lol.

Comment

That's another reason to doubt his price goes up from this comment. He's already a first-rounder most places he is available. There isn't very far for him to go up.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                        That's another reason to doubt his price goes up from this comment. He's already a first-rounder most places he is available. There isn't very far for him to go up.
                        I was speaking of auctions.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                          I was speaking of auctions.
                          Functionally the same. "First-rounder" can be translated to $30+

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                            Functionally the same. "First-rounder" can be translated to $30+
                            So, extend a 6 dollar Turner 2-3 years then?
                            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                              So, extend a 6 dollar Turner 2-3 years then?
                              Seems reasonable yeah.

Comment

Working...
                              X