No announcement yet.

2k19: Kyle Freeland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I FAAB Freeland last April/May bidding $7 so I can keep him again. I have always had an eye on dropping him just because he is a Rockies pitcher. What concern me more than anything else is that his minor league career doesn't show anything that stands out so was last season an anomaly or did he figure out the art of pitching so he can maintain this? Conventional wisdom says not keep him or trade him. At $7 I'll still keep him but I'll take a look at trading him if it makes sense.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
      I FAAB Freeland last April/May bidding $7 so I can keep him again. I have always had an eye on dropping him just because he is a Rockies pitcher. What concern me more than anything else is that his minor league career doesn't show anything that stands out so was last season an anomaly or did he figure out the art of pitching so he can maintain this? Conventional wisdom says not keep him or trade him. At $7 I'll still keep him but I'll take a look at trading him if it makes sense.
      His x-FIP was 4.20 last year and his Siera was 4.35. I don't think he figured anything out.

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
        Freeland had a 4.19 xERA last year; HQ had him worth $21 last season and projects $6 this year.

Marquez had an incredible 2.45 second-half xERA last year to back a 2.57 actual ERA. that's the one you want (projected $14).
        I like Marquez quite a bit this year. Freeland I'm a bit more skeptical of.

Comment

Originally posted by Flyman View Post
          I like Marquez quite a bit this year. Freeland I'm a bit more skeptical of.
          2.93 ERA for Marquez so far, and Freeland getting pummeled tonight up to 6.14 ERA.

#sofarsogood
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            Has any Colorado Rockie starter ever had two straight solid, above-average seasons? I'm passing easily on him. If he pans out for whoever takes him, more power to them.
            This guy had some sage advice that I didn't take. How did I end up with him on two teams?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              This guy had some sage advice that I didn't take. How did I end up with him on two teams?
              Feel like I taken this drug before.

Now I need to decide to ride him out or dump him. His HR/9 is 1.82 and his BABIP is sitting at .259 which lower than 2017 or 2018. So if that goes up?

Thoughts? Comments? Prayers?

Comment

depends how deep the league is. about a $3 to $6 value in an NL-only.
                mixed? I guess those have 'benches,' so you can hold?

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

The pain is finally over for Freeland owners -- demoted to AAA today.

Comment

02-21-2019, 04:06 PM

Freeland had a 4.19 xERA last year; HQ had him worth $21 last season and projects $6 this year.

Marquez had an incredible 2.45 second-half xERA last year to back a 2.57 actual ERA. that's the one you want (projected $14).
                    so far Marquez paying out $18 and Freeland minus $11

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

02-21-2019, 04:06 PM

so far Marquez paying out $18 and Freeland minus $11
                      Going against my own advice, I acquired Freeland in a deal because I needed pitching. 22 innings pitched later, he cost my team 8 pitching points in WHIP & ERA (16-teams) over if I had just left the spot empty! Talk about being worth less than zero!

Comment

my team blows, so I gotta take solace where I can

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

I gave him walking papers, a six-pack and a one-way ticket to anywhere not near me last week. Amazing the series of mistakes that I have made this season starting with decision to keep him. Had a great season last year I said. Only $7 to keep I said. Yeah there will be some regression but it'll still be good I said. How in the hell can you go from last season to this? What is real nuts is that my team lead the league in pitching and I started him every single game except for his last one. This dude can pitch 5 no-hitters, get called up and there will be no bid from me. He is the devil spawned child of hell.

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                            This dude can pitch 5 no-hitters, get called up and there will be no bid from me. He is the devil spawned child of hell.
                            Why did you hold so long?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              Why did you hold so long?
                              It is a question that I keep asking myself. I kept thinking he has to bust out of this soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X