And the Career path changes.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And the Career path changes.....

I have been working for a brokerage firm base in Mpls for the last 4 years. Two years ago they allowed me to move to Phoenix and continue my employment working remotely - which by the way was a HUGE ask from me. A few months back I was approached by a Large B/D here in Phoenix about some opportunities that may be available - they found me via LinkedIn. Anyway, after multiple interviews and discussions with the hiring manager they offered me a Manager of Supervision position and I get to start a new job on March 4th.

Not sure if I will have much access to "outside" sites other than maybe via my phone. However, I suspect that my availability to post may diminish as I will not be working from home and able to check the site as often.

Here is hoping that this turns out to be a long term career solution and I find opportunities in the future to further advance the career.
    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Congrats!

I pray that is more than you want it to be.

You can always check in on us after hours...I hope.

Comment

indeed, congrats!

to those of us not in the bus, what's a B/D ?

I was assuming bondage & domination, but I'm not so sure ...
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Congrats ! good luck in the new job
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        ---------------------------------------------
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
          indeed, congrats!

to those of us not in the bus, what's a B/D ?

I was assuming bondage & domination, but I'm not so sure ...
          LOL!! Broker/Dealer - I have spent the last 10+ years working in various Compliance Roles within the Brokerage Industry. Primarily, much of it in trade supervision as a Registered Principal. If Jane buys an securities investment, these purchases are reviewed by a principal of a firm to make a "suitability" determination. I will be managing a team of principals for the parent company of 5 large B/D's.
          It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
            LOL!! Broker/Dealer - I have spent the last 10+ years working in various Compliance Roles within the Brokerage Industry. Primarily, much of it in trade supervision as a Registered Principal. If Jane buys an securities investment, these purchases are reviewed by a principal of a firm to make a "suitability" determination. I will be managing a team of principals for the parent company of 5 large B/D's.
            Who the hell is Jane? You can't just introduce a new character with out some back story.

oh, and congrats!!!
            “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
              Who the hell is Jane? You can't just introduce a new character with out some back story.

oh, and congrats!!!
              I love your humor!! Thanks

Comment

Congratulations!

And your new title is almost as bad as mine.
                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Congrats and good luck!
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

oh, and congrats!!!
                    I know, I preferred the one where she got the bucket of water.

Oh wait, maybe that was her sister ...
                    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Congrats on the new gig!!
                      If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                        Congratulations!

And your new title is almost as bad as mine.
                        I thought "Kevin Seitzer" WAS your title.
                        “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

I thought "Kevin Seitzer" WAS your title.
                          It's taken on his new team.

Comment

Congratulations and good luck to you!
                            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Wow, Manager of Supervision! I wonder if there's also a Supervisor of Management? I imagine walking past your opposite self in the hallways would be weird.
                              "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Working...
                              X