And the Career path changes.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So now it gets even weirder!!

The manager who hired me retired 3 weeks ago. Well being encouraged by my co-managers, I have applied. I am the only internal, with 2 external candidates. Anyway, I have done the interview with the hiring manager and that seemed to go really well. She scheduled a discussion with the CCO of our firm the following day, which was an interesting discussion as we know many of the same people - including my prior manager and 2 people that were officers of the consulting firm I worked for over 10 years ago. The conversation seemed very positive!

Anyway, on Friday, the hiring manager scheduled 3 conversations for me on Monday. One with the President of one of our Broker-Dealers, another with VP's in other departments, and another later in the day with SVP's from 2 other B/D's. Then on Tuesday, I get a discussion with 2 or 3 folks in other Supervision areas. I've never been through such an intense process. She specifically told me these are not "interviews" per se, but a way for me to hear how other areas interact with my group and provide a chance to react.

Not sure what she has planned for the two externals, but I feel really good about how this has gone so far.

So we will see where this goes.
    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
      So now it gets even weirder!!

The manager who hired me retired 3 weeks ago. Well being encouraged by my co-managers, I have applied. I am the only internal, with 2 external candidates. Anyway, I have done the interview with the hiring manager and that seemed to go really well. She scheduled a discussion with the CCO of our firm the following day, which was an interesting discussion as we know many of the same people - including my prior manager and 2 people that were officers of the consulting firm I worked for over 10 years ago. The conversation seemed very positive!

Anyway, on Friday, the hiring manager scheduled 3 conversations for me on Monday. One with the President of one of our Broker-Dealers, another with VP's in other departments, and another later in the day with SVP's from 2 other B/D's. Then on Tuesday, I get a discussion with 2 or 3 folks in other Supervision areas. I've never been through such an intense process. She specifically told me these are not "interviews" per se, but a way for me to hear how other areas interact with my group and provide a chance to react.

Not sure what she has planned for the two externals, but I feel really good about how this has gone so far.

So we will see where this goes.
      Prayers are with you.

Exciting times!

Comment

Working...
      X