Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manny to the Padres!

10 years, $300M!!!
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
    10 years, $300M!!!
    Wow, I'm surprised he got that.

Comment

apparently with an opt-out after 5 years.
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Worth it for the Padres to jump back into relevance.

Comment

San Diego Padres and "Richest Contract in Sports History" are words that I never thought I'd see in the same sentence.

Rumor is that Kuechel signing is soon after. Wouldn't be surprised to see some OF depth dealt - Franchy, Margot, Renfroe, Myers, Franmil along with a young pitcher for a Stroman type.

A starting lineup like this could be in the next year:

1b - Hosmer
          2b - Urias
          3b - Machado
          SS - Tatis
          LF - Myers/Franchy/Reyes
          CF - Margot/Franchy
          RF - Renfroe/Myers/Reyes
          C - Hedges/Mejia
          P - Lucchesi - Lamet - Paddack - Gore - Morejon - Baez... and there's still Espinoza coming back from TJ

Comment

I guess the question now is are they going to make a run at starting pitching? Keuchel? resurrect trades that they were rumored to be in on (I know Stroman was one)? Or wait until next year?

edit: ff, we're thinking along the same lines ... btw, good to see you back here!

Comment

I guess the question now is are they going to make a run at starting pitching? Keuchel? resurrect trades that they were rumored to be in on (I know Stroman was one)? Or wait until next year?

edit: ff, we're thinking along the same lines ... btw, good to see you back here!
              I think they need to clear up that outfield logjam ASAP. Now is the time to make a deal.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks! I just replied to your PM from December.

Comment

to play short or third?

and who the heck are the players currently listed at short and third for the Padres

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                    to play short or third?

and who the heck are the players currently listed at short and third for the Padres
                    They'll play him at 3b even if Tatis doesn't start the year in Petco. In the meantime, Urias will play Short, Kinsler will play 2nd.

Comment

it'll be interesting to see if the White Sox have a plan B ...

Certainly, the White Sox believe they’ve lost their primary winter target. VP Kenny Williams expressed shock in comments to reporters. “We could not go to that $300MM level,” he said (via Daryl Van Schouwen of the Chicago Sun-Times, on Twitter). Williams indicated that he had believed the South Siders were the high bidders, James Fegan of The Athletic tweets, so it seems the Padres upped their high bid at the last minute to push things across the line.
                      https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/...y-machado.html

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                        who the heck are the players currently listed at short and third for the Padres
                        exactly.

Comment

The Brewers are looking smarter for grabbing Moustakis early. He could have been the White Sox plan B. Now they have to go with plan C. Moncada to third base?
                          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                            The Brewers are looking smarter for grabbing Moustakis early.
                            Wow, only in 2019 is Feb 17th considered an early signing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              Wow, only in 2019 is Feb 17th considered an early signing.
                              LOL. I think traditionally the free agents are signed more-or-less from best-to-worst, at least by position. So in that context signing Moustakas while Machado was still "available" can be viewed as "early".

Comment

Working...
                              X