Which Keeper List is Best

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Keeper List is Best

There are five teams in my main league with a claim, even remotely reasonable, to be the best keeper list. This is a $300 salary league with reasonably tight in-season caps and floors which allows dump trading, but only to an extent. Traditional 5x5 categories. Player prices rise $5 per season. Players with rookie status the previous year (when drafted, not allowed for pick-ups in season) can be kept more or less free as reserve round keepers. All keepers who are not reserve keepers are locked in the lineup, unless on the major-league IL, until September roster expansion, so speculative keepers are discouraged. 13 hitters (standard, but 1 C), 11 pitchers (6 SP, 5 RP, anyone with five starts last year is SP only, and five starts this year moves a player to SP only). There are actually 10 reserve spots, but I only list four because that is the most "free" keepers any of these teams have. Players in bold are signed under guaranteed contracts and must be kept or bought out for a severe penalty. Other players are my guesses for the other teams and my current plans for my team, although that is subject to change. Here are the top keeper lists, who do you like best:

Team A:

C:
    1B:
    3B: Miguel Andujar $1 (long story, but we can have $1 keepers in weird circumstances)
    CI:
    2B: Scooter Gennett $14
    SS:
    MI:
    OF: Aaron Judge $11
    OF:
    OF:
    OF:
    OF:
    UT:
    SP:
    SP:
    SP:
    SP:
    SP:
    SP:
    RP: Kirby Yates $7
    RP:
    RP:
    RP:
    RP:
    Res.: Yusei Kikcuchi
    Res.:
    Res.:
    Res.:

Salary for auction: $267
    Per player: $13.35

Team B:

C:
    1B: Joey Gallo $11
    3B: Alex Bregman $11
    CI:
    2B: Yoan Moncada $6
    SS: Raul Mondesi $6
    MI:
    OF: Mookie Betts $21
    OF: George Springer $26
    OF:
    OF:
    OF:
    UT:
    SP: Miles Mikolas $12
    SP:
    SP:
    SP:
    SP:
    SP:
    RP:
    RP: Felipe Vazquez $13
    RP:
    RP:
    RP:
    Res.: Jeimer Candelario
    Res.: Nick Gordon
    Res.: Anthony Alfred
    Res.: Francisco Mejia

Salary for auction: $194
    Per player: $12.13

Team C:

C: J.T. Realmuto $11
    1B:
    3B:
    CI:
    2B: Daniel Murphy $21
    SS: Francisco Lindor $16
    MI:
    OF: Bryce Harper $31
    OF: Aaron Hicks $8
    OF: Rhys Hoskins $11
    OF:
    OF:
    UT:
    SP: Luis Castillo $15
    SP: Mike Clevenger $15
    SP: Justin Verlander $42
    SP:
    SP:
    SP:
    RP: David Robertson $6
    RP:
    RP:
    RP:
    RP:
    Res.: Nick Senzel
    Res.: Bo Bichette
    Res.:
    Res.:

Salary for auction: $119 (this does not add up by $5 because both Harper and Hicks need new contracts and the first is free but the second costs $5)
    Per player: $8.50

Team D:

C:
    1B:
    3B:
    CI:
    2B: Ozzie Albies $6
    SS: Carlos Correa $21
    MI: Amed Rosario $11
    OF: Ronald Acuna $6
    OF: Kyle Schwarber $16
    OF:
    OF:
    OF:
    UT:
    SP: Trevor Bauer $24
    SP: Jack Flaherty $6
    SP: Jameson Taillon $13
    SP: Mike Foltynewicz $6
    SP:
    SP:
    RP: Jose Alvarado $6
    RP:
    RP:
    RP:
    RP:
    Res.: Austin Riley
    Res.: Kyle Wright
    Res.:
    Res.:

Salary for auction: $185
    Per player: $13.21

Team E:

C:
    1B: Jesus Aguilar $20
    3B: Jose Ramirez $16
    CI: Eugenio Suarez $20
    2B: Cesar Hernandez $7
    SS: Jurickson Profar $6
    MI:
    OF: Tommy Pham $19
    OF: Stephen Piscotty $16
    OF:
    OF:
    OF:
    UT:
    SP: Blake Snell $16
    SP: Shane Bieber $7
    SP:
    SP:
    SP:
    SP:
    RP: Wily Peralta $7
    RP:
    RP:
    RP:
    RP:
    Res.: Tyler O'Neill
    Res.: Derek Fisher
    Res.: Mitch Keller
    Res.: Sixto Sanchez

Salary for auction: $166
    Per player: $11.86

Last year starting pitching went for insane prices, and good closers usually do, probably given the large number of RP slots. Good MR's also go for $5-$10. So, what sayeth the pen? Who looks best? And any ideas for strategies for the teams at auction are welcome, too.
    Team A
    0%
    Team B
    0%
    Team C
    0%
    Team D
    0%
    Team E
    0%

The poll is expired.

I think B or D. If SP prices are that inflated, probably D.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Team B

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
        I think B or D. If SP prices are that inflated, probably D.
        Agreed.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

FWIW, and just to add to the debate, one owner in the league is not worried about Team B because of the pitching prices and the batting average problem that Team B will have if it has to spend most of it's money on pitching. Then again, that owner is one of the other teams on the list (not me, but I think he still lurks here, he can out himself if he wants), so that theory can be taken with a grain of salt. Also, FWIW, the program does give a significant lead to Team B. I am curious more about the reasons for the thoughts than the thoughts. I am sure I will sooner or later (probably sooner), out my team and ask for auction strategy suggestions (not that my team is hard to figure out, lol).

I appreciate all the responses and votes!

Comment

I went with B slightly ahead of D
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Not sure I'd keep Springer at 26 but gimme the Mookie list all day anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                Not sure I'd keep Springer at 26 but gimme the Mookie list all day anyway.
                Springer was signed to a long deal a long time ago---the guys in bold are must-keeps due to the contract.

Comment

Working...
                X