best slot to pick in 12 teamer mixed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best slot to pick in 12 teamer mixed

I came up with a twist last year - instead of picking slots randomly we randomly picked a choice to pick a slot - sounds dumb but it was actually fun.

I drew 2nd pick to pick
    so
    any thoughts what is the ideal pick slot in a 12 team standard
    I likely wont be able to get slot one and JDMartinez, Jose Ramirez and Acuna are kept)

I recall reading years ago that a top 2-3 slot in a draft was best by a decent margin over late round slots. However that was in a redraft and most of the value difference was in the first few rounds. It evened out after that.

So, in a keeper league, I don't think it is as clear cut. I'd look at the available talent and see if there is a clear drop off anywhere I the first round. I'd want to pick right before that new tier.

Comment

Given that you didn't say that either Betts or Trout was kept, #2 is choice one, #1 is choice two.

Comment

yeah I don't think that's actually answerable in a keeper league without a lot more information.
        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

1- Trout
          2- Betts

Gimme #2 if #1 is gone.

Comment

I agree and disagree with revo. I think the two of them are close enough that I would prefer #2. But either is just fine with me.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
              I agree and disagree with revo. I think the two of them are close enough that I would prefer #2. But either is just fine with me.
              He said #1 is likely gone.

Comment

All the better for him. He's #2 in choices; he doesn't need a third choice. It's all good. And it doesn't even matter which guy the person who wants first wants. This year has two well above everyone else, and he gets one of them.

Comment

He went four figuring the difference on the way back in the second is worth more than the difference between trout Betts arenado max yelich. Not sure I agree but...
                  So I can go #1 and grab trout and #24 in round two or Betts and #23
                  Or I could get later and earlier 2nd round
                  Any reason not to go Trout?

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                    He went four figuring the difference on the way back in the second is worth more than the difference between trout Betts arenado max yelich. Not sure I agree but...
                    So I can go #1 and grab trout and #24 in round two or Betts and #23
                    Or I could get later and earlier 2nd round
                    Any reason not to go Trout?
                    I don't think you can go wrong with 1 or 2. I'd probably go 1, but it's not like you would regret having Betts.

Comment

No reason not to go Trout IMO.
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I would go 2, and take whoever falls plus an earlier pick in round 2.

Comment

Working...
                        X