Live Vintage Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live Vintage Draft

So the possibility of a live Vintage Draft was brought up in the last com thread.

It is possible we could do something like this on an online platform such as Twitch.

While this is definitely doable, I'm doubting that we can get enough people together at the same time for 3 hours straight ... I imagine it'd take at least 3 hours.

If there is an interest in this, let me know and I'll see what I can pull together. It would not be happening any time soon BTW. Would need a lot of preparation on order to make sure it ran smoothly. I'd probably also need some help.

2 questions ...

Q1 - Is this something you'd be interested in?

Q2 - are you more likely to be available on a weekday evening or a Sunday? (assuming Saturday is a no go for most).

Not really...if we're going live I'd want it to be an auction.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Sadly, I couldn't do an auction if I tried. So that's not really on the cards.

Comment

I am interested. No preference on day
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Nah. I like my Vintage Drafts long and drawn out. There's no appeal for me in a condensed 3 hour marathon.

Comment

I should state, this is not a replacement for normal VD's.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
              I should state, this is not a replacement for normal VD's.
              I think it would be a fun experiment if nothing else. If it lasts 4 hours that is about what I spend pondering every damn pick.
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Sounds like fun but I am out.
                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                  I think it would be a fun experiment if nothing else. If it lasts 4 hours that is about what I spend pondering every damn pick.
                  The player pool is probably too small to get a sufficient amount of players together at the same time, even if there was enthusiasm for it, which clearly there isn't.

... and there's too much preparation for something like this to do on a whim.

Comment

The player pool is probably too small to get a sufficient amount of players together at the same time, even if there was enthusiasm for it, which clearly there isn't.

... and there's too much preparation for something like this to do on a whim.
                    What I'm hearing is you fear battle with THe Feral Slasher in a one-on-one draft to the death ?
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                      What I'm hearing is you fear battle with THe Feral Slasher in a one-on-one draft to the death ?
                      Heads up Vintage Drafting ... that could be a thing

Be careful what you ask for!

Comment

Heads up Vintage Drafting ... that could be a thing

Be careful what you ask for!
                        1-on-1 tourney?
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                          1-on-1 tourney?
                          Maybe LOL

Comment

How would you alter things to accommodate the fact that there are only 2 players?

Decades would seem like a good format.

But how would you get around just predrafting a team, and executing?

There would need to be some kind of gameplay element / mechanic.

Comment

How would you alter things to accommodate the fact that there are only 2 players?

Decades would seem like a good format.

But how would you get around just predrafting a team, and executing?

There would need to be some kind of gameplay element / mechanic.
                              Hmmmm need to give this sime thought
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                              X