Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    Hmmmm need to give this sime thought
    How do you maintain the ease of finding players, with a mechanic that makes you not just pick a super-all star team.

You could combine, Letters, Decades and Franchises, but that could make finding players quickly a nightmare. It wouldn't be intuitive.

You could make artificial pools of players, but that wouldn't be intuitive either.

Comment

Every player you pick, you also KO 2 other players!

... or something like that.

So you can target an opponents strategy.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
        How do you maintain the ease of finding players, with a mechanic that makes you not just pick a super-all star team.

You could combine, Letters, Decades and Franchises, but that could make finding players quickly a nightmare. It wouldn't be intuitive.

You could make artificial pools of players, but that wouldn't be intuitive either.
        They would be super all-star teams I don't think that could be avoided...and not sure why that would be a problem. My biggest concern would be to keep match-ups independent if they were happening simultaneously.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

agree with revo... I'm here for the jokes.

That said, when I win the lottery, I'll fly everyone somewhere and we can do one in person in Maui or Cabo or something.
          Last edited by heyelander; 02-18-2019, 03:49 PM.
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
            They would be super all-star teams I don't think that could be avoided...and not sure why that would be a problem. My biggest concern would be to keep match-ups independent if they were happening simultaneously.
            Yeah, the all-star aspent wouldn't be a problem in itself.

I was thinking about people just pre-preparing a team, and then executing it. We would need a gameplay mechanic to prevent that.

The KO's could work. So for instance, if you see your opponent is doing a punt, you can start KO'ing his ideal players.

You could do a bracket style game, if there was a demand.

Comment

I'll build a 1v1 Spreadsheet and see if it's viable.

Not sure ... with only 2 players, if additive might not be better than multi.

Comment

I'll build a 1v1 Spreadsheet and see if it's viable.

Not sure ... with only 2 players, if additive might not be better than multi.
                I think it wouldn't matter with two players. Just 2's and 3'S. More 3's win. Or 1's and 2's, same thing
                ---------------------------------------------
                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Thought of another heads up idea, will post in a bit.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I think it wouldn't matter with two players. Just 2's and 3'S. More 3's win. Or 1's and 2's, same thing
                    Could you afford to punt? You can't just hand the win in a category for nothing right?

Although you could end up playing chicken on a category LOL.

I think we'd need to make the final round (at least) blind.

Comment

Could you afford to punt? You can't just hand the win in a category for nothing right?

Although you could end up playing chicken on a category LOL.

I think we'd need to make the final round (at least) blind.
                      You could punt 9 categories. Only need 11.to win
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

You could punt 9 categories. Only need 11.to win
                        Yeah ... that seems like more of a problem right?

Also the 2 ratio categories could create an unbalance.

3 points for a win, 1 point for a loss?
                        Last edited by johnnya24; 02-18-2019, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Yeah ... that seems like more of a problem right?

Also the 2 ratio categories could create an unbalance.
                          Yeah. Trying to figure out how to punt 9 categories wouldnt be the best. I suspect we would have some surprisimg back and forth that might actually. Make it intersting
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

You could end up with one guy going hitting and the other going pitching.

In that case, KO's might hurt the guy going pitching more than the guy going hitting.

It'd also be easier to steal points from pitching rather than hitting.

Trying to think how that'd play out.

Comment

You could end up with one guy going hitting and the other going pitching.

In that case, KO's might hurt the guy going pitching more than the guy going hitting.

It'd also be easier to steal points from pitching rather than hitting.

Trying to think how that'd play out.
                              Actuly think it would be interesting the more i think about it.
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Actuly think it would be interesting the more i think about it.
                                Yeah, we have to try some set ups, let them play out, and see where the loopholes and problems emerge.

Comment

Working...
                                X