AL-only trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AL-only trade

I have too many keepers. I started offering around 3 or 4 for 1s and might have gotten a nibble, just want to sanity check myself that this is still good for me even though it sounds like a lot to give up:

Raises are $5 per extra year, minors contracts don't start until the player loses rookie status

Severino ($5/option, so probably either $10/2020 or $15/2021) for
    Matt Chapman ($9/yr 2), Shane Bieber ($5/yr 2), Justus Sheffield ($10/minors), Jo Adell ($7/minors)

My major league keepers would then be:
    Bauer ($3/option)
    Snell ($6/option)
    Severino ($5/option)
    Treinen ($5/option)
    Welington Castillo ($5/yr 2)
    Jorge Polanco ($9/option)
    Gallo ($12/option)
    Mazara ($10/expiring)
    Smoak ($10/option)
    Miggy ($7/yr 2)
    and either Salvador Perez $21, JD Martinez $46, or Eovaldi $5.

and minors:
    Vlad Jr, Wander Franco, Brujan

so if I don't do it, I'm cutting Brujan and Sheffield and Miggy probably
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Man, you're giving up WAY too much in my estimation. I think that you'll really regret giving up Adell in a couple of years for sure. Get rid of Castillo and Polanco if you need the slots, but don't do that deal...Smoak or Miggy could go as well...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Yikes! Way too much.

Comment

I mean, it's obviously way too much in a vacuum, but is Severino/Miggy/Brujan enough for Chapman/Bieber/Adell?
        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
          I mean, it's obviously way too much in a vacuum, but is Severino/Miggy/Brujan enough for Chapman/Bieber/Adell?
          Again, I really think that you'll regret giving up Adell in a couple of years...if you can get him out of the deal, it's a lot better IMO. Miggy could come back, or continue to be a shadow of his former self...huge gamble.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
            Again, I really think that you'll regret giving up Adell in a couple of years...if you can get him out of the deal, it's a lot better IMO. Miggy could come back, or continue to be a shadow of his former self...huge gamble.
            I agree with Horns here. Adell is the piece I am not including in this trade.

Comment

Working...
            X