Moose back to Milwaukee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moose back to Milwaukee

Not the biggest of dominos to fall...but maybe it signals a rush of signings *fingers crossed *

1year deal for 10m with a 2020 option

It's a mutual option for 2020, which likely makes it meaningless. Not sure why they ever include those, I don't think one has ever been exercised by both. Maybe it has a buyout on the club side if he exercises it, which would give it some purpose.

Comment

This is the second year in a row that Moose has settled for a 1 year deal. Is this the future of salary negotiation? Maybe the past is repeating itself and the last 40 years were just an outlier. Or maybe Moose is just taking up the cause and has agreed to be the poster boy for owner collusion so the strike calls will become louder when the CBA expires.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I guess Shaw plays second base now.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

you don't need to make $10M a year for too many years to be ok. When the players strike, they won't fix what should be the biggest issue which is the minors and their salaries
          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
            you don't need to make $10M a year for too many years to be ok. When the players strike, they won't fix what should be the biggest issue which is the minors and their salaries
            Yeah, I don't get the focus on the after arbitration deals for the players. Players are getting crazy long guaranteed contracts, still. The real travesties are happening in those years of team control, when players like Trout are being paid way less than those old, now crappy vets with their fat guaranteed paydays. Something should be done to allow for elite talent to get paid more in line with their contributions earlier. The arbitration process helps with that, eventually, as evident by Nolan Arrenado's recent victory. But it doesn't happen fast enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              Yeah, I don't get the focus on the after arbitration deals for the players. Players are getting crazy long guaranteed contracts, still. The real travesties are happening in those years of team control, when players like Trout are being paid way less than those old, now crappy vets with their fat guaranteed paydays. Something should be done to allow for elite talent to get paid more in line with their contributions earlier. The arbitration process helps with that, eventually, as evident by Nolan Arrenado's recent victory. But it doesn't happen fast enough.
              The issue is that the owners are breaking their bargain with the devil on this. The players have not. Hopefully, the strike/lockout in 2021 will make this right.

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                I guess Shaw plays second base now.
                I'd guess that will be his primary position. He may still get some games at 3b, and 2b. I traded a cheap Shaw in a deal I already regretted. Nw that he will retain 2b elg for next year, I feel even worse about it.

Comment

Now the Brewers are saying that they are going to try Moustakas at second base in spring training and if it works, he'll play there.

Comment

Working...
                  X