So Amazon turns down NYC -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
    Probably because none of us are as obsessed about her as you and Fox News.
    I like her smile and have stated in the past that she has a great personality. I heard she can dance, though I have not taken any time to actually see her do it.

As I just looked up her Wiki page it states she majored in ECONOMICS - so it is hard to understand why she would spout off bullshit that NYC should be using the $3billion that they were going to give to Amazon for fixes to the trains and teacher pay. One would think that someone with a degree in Econ - would understand the simple difference between a Tax Credit and Cash. One is tangible - the other is not.

If Im obsessed with AOC because I mentioned this one thing, I have to assume that many of you here have posters of Trump hanging on your walls and ceilings. Funny how MSNBC and other Dem's are calling her out on her BS. It also seems that the Dems are so NOT in love with her that they may try and primary her out of office or just redraw the voting districts to eliminate her seat.

http://https://theintercept.com/2019...tricting-2020/

Gerrymandering within the party to get rid of her - Now that is a good one!
    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Yep, POTUS is roughly equivalent to a 29-year-old rookie Representative who's been in office less than two months. Lather it up boys!
      Yep, another DMT navel gazing false equivalency. Please show us who made that comparison. Oh right, you did. Well done.
      Though to be fair, if I was trying to argue on behalf of AOC, I would try and deflect with Trump too.

Comment

Mindblowing that a freshman Representative isn't perfect? Hmm, yet Trump makes similar blunders almost every day and it's business as usual.
        whataboutism aside, the site of this planned project is adjacent to AOC's own district. the rise or fall of the Amazon project would have a massive impact on her own constituents - for better, for worse, or for both. jobs, traffic, and so forth.

the parameters of this mega-billion dollar deal were out there for months, yet neither she nor apparently her staff appears to have paid attention to them - judging from her clueless comment. "isn't perfect" seems like defensive squared - or cubed.

I think I saw a couple of progressives here acknowledge this as a significant unforced error; I respect their candor.
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post

I think I saw a couple of progressives here acknowledge this as a significant unforced error; I respect their candor.
          I think it would be hard for anyone to deny this fact.

It is interesting how much attention, positive and negative she gets. I'm usually not aware of local politics beyond my own area, but everything she does makes national news. She is under a microscope.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
            I think it would be hard for anyone to deny this fact.

It is interesting how much attention, positive and negative she gets. I'm usually not aware of local politics beyond my own area, but everything she does makes national news. She is under a microscope.
            Yet there are droves of people doing exactly that.

J
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• interesting topic

Sen. Elizabeth Warren released an aggressive plan on Friday to break up tech giants like Amazon, Google and Facebook, targeting the power of Silicon Valley with her populist message as sprawling Internet giants face mounting political backlash ahead of the 2020 presidential election.

Sen. Elizabeth Warren released an aggressive plan on Friday to break up tech giants like Amazon, Google and Facebook, targeting the power of Silicon Valley with her populist message as sprawling Internet giants face mounting political backlash ahead of the 2020 presidential election.
              Last edited by The Feral Slasher; 03-08-2019, 02:48 PM.
              ---------------------------------------------
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                interesting. I wonder where the libertarians, quasi-libertarians, and pragmatic libertarians (and others) stand on this ?

I wonder where you stand.

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                  I wonder where you stand.
                  I'm standing in the hallway right now.
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• 4 minute response to my post was very impressive though, I'll give you that.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

4 minute response to my post was very impressive though, I'll give you that.
                      Just happened to be scrolling thru. I am glad I impress you.

Comment

I'm standing in the hallway right now.
                        Are you Mandy?
                        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                          Are you Mandy?
                          not as far as you know.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Does Mandy believe in Libertarianism ?
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• She appears to believe in dressing well.

J
                              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
                                So are you denying that cities don’t compete with each other to stay alive or grow their tax bases?

Again - I dont believe that The Government should be determining who stays afloat (see my opinion on the Bank Buyouts).

I will go back to the question I asked you 5 times yesterday:

According to the site you posted earlier about Libertarian platform. I don’t see Libertarians saying Private Business and Government can’t bargain with each other – Government should not be in a position to compete and create laws that undercut the Private Sectors ability to compete in the Open Market.

To deny that cities and states don’t compete for businesses and people to visit or stay in their cities or states quite honestly is fool-hearty. States and Large cities spend millions in advertising to draw people and business to their locations all of the time. They do this to continue to grow their tax base.

In this transaction the Government is not competing with Private Enterprise – they are attempting to bring more private enterprise back to their City

How else will a city survive if it does not draw business to its domain? Again, I look at this as a market place transaction between a Local Government and a Business. The Local Government is competing with other Local Government for the tax revenues that will be created when some 25,000 jobs and all of the ancillary jobs that come with it are brought to the area. The Local Government is making a Bid/Offer for the jobs that Amazon states it is creating. The Local Government and Amazon are essentially entering into a business transaction. This is very much unlike what the Federal Government did to keep multiple banks afloat buy bailing them out.
                                good stuff
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X