Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    good stuff
    Why thanks! Never expected to see this thread pop up.

Taking a small break from studying for my series 66....
    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post

Good luck !
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      ---------------------------------------------
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Tough exam. I took them separately (63 & 65). Good luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          Tough exam. I took them separately (63 & 65). Good luck!
          Ive held my 7, 24 and 53 for about 6 years. My new BD is making me take the 66. Oh well.... its part of the gig, so I will put my time in and get it done. Using Kaplans resources - I just noticed, I can actually watch video segments of the various chapters - which is helpful as I am a much more visual learner.
          It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Ive held my 7, 24 and 53 for about 6 years. My new BD is making me take the 66. Oh well.... its part of the gig, so I will put my time in and get it done. Using Kaplans resources - I just noticed, I can actually watch video segments of the various chapters - which is helpful as I am a much more visual learner.
            I held my Series 7 for 20 years before it expired, which was a surprise to me (I worked for an RIA that didn't have a B/D for over 2 years). That sucked! I took the Series 6 in its place and got a 97 on it (and proceeded to get made fun of in the office). Now, I no longer need the Series 7 so I have no reason to take it. I'm Series 6, 63 & 65 licensed and that's all I need.

Still, study hard. I think I got a 72 on the 65 and a 70 on the nose on the 63!

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              I held my Series 7 for 20 years before it expired, which was a surprise to me (I worked for an RIA that didn't have a B/D for over 2 years). That sucked! I took the Series 6 in its place and got a 97 on it (and proceeded to get made fun of in the office). Now, I no longer need the Series 7 so I have no reason to take it. I'm Series 6, 63 & 65 licensed and that's all I need.

Still, study hard. I think I got a 72 on the 65 and a 70 on the nose on the 63!
              Im going to watch these videos over and over again - and take lots and lots of quizes. I find getting used to the questions they ask is extremely helpful to get back into the test taking mode. The "all of these EXCEPT, and similarly weirdly asked questions can be confusing. Taking the quizzes and getting the feedback is a good tool for me.

Comment

• I forget what I made on Series 7. After four years, I moved to the Actuarial department. It was a great basis for understanding investments and valuations, which helped the Actuarial work, but the actual license wasn't important any more.

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Wall Street Journal put out a new article, titled:

Who Needs Amazon HQ2? Not New York Real Estate's Tech Boom
                  Facebook, Google, Uber, and Amazon embrace Manhattan as an East Coast hub

AOC was right, it seems.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/new-yor...om-11562760760

Big technology companies are doubling down on New York City by adding millions of square feet in office space and creating thousands of new jobs, with few aftereffects from Amazon.com Inc. ’s nixing of a Queens headquarters.

Alphabet Inc. ’s Google last week closed a deal to lease 1.3 million square feet in lower Manhattan, part of Google’s plans to add 7,000 in staff to the city over 10 years.

Facebook Inc. is in talks to lease one million square feet of office space at 50 Hudson Yards, a skyscraper under construction on Manhattan’s far West Side, according to a person familiar with the talks. Uber Technologies Inc. and Amazon have been looking for large office space at the Farley Building, say people briefed on the matter.

New York is emerging as an East Coast hub for technology because of the size of its labor force, its extensive transportation infrastructure and the cultural and entertainment activities that come with a big city, analysts and real-estate executives said.

The city’s tech frenzy comes barely four months after Amazon stunned developers and others in the business community by canceling plans for a second-headquarters project in Long Island City, Queens. Some elected officials had criticized a government incentive package of as much as $3 billion to lure the retail giant...
                  Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                    Pity that statement doesn’t come with a possible solution—only criticism for those who (slightly) believe in free markets over government.
                    Like I said: cowardly.
                    Cowardly would be ignoring this thread after being proven wrong. Good thing you gambled away $3 Bn of taxpayer money on nothing, then chastised lefties for "not having solutions". AOC's solution to say "fuck off, no special treatment", worked out pretty well. Your "solution"?.... yeah, not so much.
                    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

You idiot - they arent giving them the money to support jobs. They are using the TAX CREDIT - to lure jobs (needed jobs) to that area. Its a fucking trade of assets. Amazon has the jobs and needs a place to do them. NYC had an opportunity to bring 25000 good paying jobs and all of the down stream positive economic impacts buy offering a TAX credit.

Polls showed a pretty large majority of the population in that city though that the 3Billion Tax Credit was a really good trade off to bring the jobs and future economic boon associated with it to the area.

But you go ahead thinking that people didnt want it when the poll stating $3Billion (as posted by JJ) was in fact just the opposite of what you stated.
                      Hahahaha... BG was foaming at the mouth through 18 pages of this shit, and now he returns today to talk about... the electoral college. Hey, BG, if you want to get into such serious discussions that it causes you to call people idiots, maybe try and defend your idiocy or apologize for it after you've been proven wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                        whataboutism aside, the site of this planned project is adjacent to AOC's own district. the rise or fall of the Amazon project would have a massive impact on her own constituents - for better, for worse, or for both. jobs, traffic, and so forth.

the parameters of this mega-billion dollar deal were out there for months, yet neither she nor apparently her staff appears to have paid attention to them - judging from her clueless comment. "isn't perfect" seems like defensive squared - or cubed.

I think I saw a couple of progressives here acknowledge this as a significant unforced error; I respect their candor.
                        Hahahahaha... you almost got it right! Your first response in the thread said that you hadn't seen any solid analysis on the finanacial details, and you'd wait to see some before making a conclusion... but this post makes a ton of vague assumptions and pulls a failing grade out of nowhere.

This AOC derangement is fascinating. 18 pages of derangement gold.

Comment

• I never did see any evidence that AOC knew anything about this deal. closest I saw to her commenting about even vague details were the idiotic comments I posted earlier. maybe you can show me otherwise.

also, read the post more closely, like this part: "the rise or fall of the Amazon project would have a massive impact on her own constituents - for better, for worse, or for both. jobs, traffic, and so forth. the parameters of this mega-billion dollar deal were out there for months, yet neither she nor apparently her staff appears to have paid attention to them - judging from her clueless comment."

what part of "for better or for worse" are you missing?

if you tell me that the Miami Marlins are going to win the World Series in 2020, and they do, I'm not going to proclaim you a genius unless before the season you laid out for me the pathway to victory that the team pretty closely followed. sounds like for you, wild-ass-guesses can be signs of genius. ok

how is any of this not obvious? tax incentive programs are not "good" or "bad" - the devil is in the details. any politician who doesn't know the details is not contributing anything but noise.
                          Last edited by Judge Jude; 07-18-2019, 08:20 PM.
                          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                            I never did see any evidence that AOC knew anything about this deal. closest I saw to her commenting about even vague details were the idiotic comments I posted earlier. maybe you can show me otherwise.

also, read the post more closely, like this part: "the rise or fall of the Amazon project would have a massive impact on her own constituents - for better, for worse, or for both. jobs, traffic, and so forth. the parameters of this mega-billion dollar deal were out there for months, yet neither she nor apparently her staff appears to have paid attention to them - judging from her clueless comment."

what part of "for better or for worse" are you missing?

if you tell me that the Miami Marlins are going to win the World Series in 2020, and they do, I'm not going to proclaim you a genius unless before the season you laid out for me the pathway to victory that the team pretty closely followed. sounds like for you, wild-ass-guesses can be signs of genius. ok

how is any of this not obvious? tax incentive programs are not "good" or "bad" - the devil is in the details. any politician who doesn't know the details is not contributing anything but noise.
                            Your assumption that AOC made a "wild ass guess" is ridiculous. Based on your personal understanding of her public comments? Discrediting her stance as "blind luck" after she stood up publicly against the deal and had a TON of hate and derision directed at her...

Yeah, she sure got lucky! Too bad BG and nots and you, were all so "unlucky" to have your posted opinions look so misplaced so quickly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                              Does overpopulated NYC really need all this? Or, even the limited and and resources of the area, would Amazon simply be displacing other businesses? Most places would be able to justify bending and breaking all the rules to land Amazon in their area. NYC is one if the few places that don't need to do that. Also, they didn't really need to give all that to get Amazon there. They totally pulled a Yankees, outbidding themselves.
                              Hey, Sour Masher nailed it, 100%!

Congrats!

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                                Your assumption that AOC made a "wild ass guess" is ridiculous. Based on your personal understanding of her public comments? Discrediting her stance as "blind luck" after she stood up publicly against the deal and had a TON of hate and derision directed at her...

Yeah, she sure got lucky! Too bad BG and nots and you, were all so "unlucky" to have your posted opinions look so misplaced so quickly.
                                too bad you lump every criticism into one bucket.
                                too bad you provide no evidence of her research into the issue, beyond her indisputedly and unrefuted ridiculously ignorant comment.
                                too bad you ignored my opportunity to actually acknowledge what I posted instead of continuing to mischaracterize it.

I was dumb enough to think that once you reread my comment, you would realize your error.

I don't know why I waste my time.

note to self: posters who begin posts with "Hahahahaha" are a little bit off their rocker.
                                Last edited by Judge Jude; 07-19-2019, 08:27 AM.
                                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
                                X