Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tribute bands I have seen and they were worth it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tribute bands I have seen and they were worth it!

I have not been into Tribute Bands. That said there seems to be an increase in quality over the last few years. It maybe longer, and I just did not pay attention.

Can they still provide high entertainment for a night out? Maybe. What have you seen that you would recommend to RJ.

I will start off with this one:

Brit Floyd- Amazing performance. We liked them enough to see them twice.

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    I have not been into Tribute Bands. That said there seems to be an increase in quality over the last few years. It maybe longer, and I just did not pay attention.

Can they still provide high entertainment for a night out? Maybe. What have you seen that you would recommend to RJ.

I will start off with this one:

Brit Floyd- Amazing performance. We liked them enough to see them twice.
    I have tix for Brit Floyd this June.

I have seen two different tribute Queen bands: Killer Queen (outfits and all) and Marc Martel (maybe not a "tribute" band as they don't do Queen costumes, but it is an evening of Queen songs).

I enjoyed both of the shows I saw.
    “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

British Floyd- Amazing band! Have seen them at least 7-8 times.
      Get the Led Out - 6 man band that recreate Zep studio music. Excellent
      ZOSO- another Zep tribute band but they are more to "being" Zep in concert. They dress and try to look like Zep and play extended live versions of songs. Fantastic show.
      The Music Box - Genesis tribute band that does Gabriel era songs. Great show.
      Saw a Queen tribute band but forget which one. Was very good.
      Cream tribute band that consisted of relatives of the original group. Very good.
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

I've seen a bunch but honestly can't recall most of their names. Here are a few.

The Fab Four
        Zepparella
        The Pettybreakers
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Led Zepagain was really good. They played in the quad at lunch one day while I was at UCLA and rocked it pretty hard. Pretty sure I missed a class to watch it

Comment

Working...
          X