Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NL-only, auction keeper--$280.--can keep 2 of 3!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL-only, auction keeper--$280.--can keep 2 of 3!

Starting to finalize [pending some trades] my keeper list. We keep up to 12 ML + 3 rookies. Right now, I have 13 +3. My choices right now are from these 3:
    Chris Archer, $18-b
    Gregory Polanco, $21-b
    Yadier Molina, $14-c [can keep or extend @ $5/yr] Not going to!

Polanco will miss some time at beginning of the season, but I seriously think he will go for a lot more $$ despite that.

Archer I expect to be much better with his transition to a full year in the NL. How much better?

Molina--2 catcher league, I have no one else and there are no good ones likely to be available

Here are my potential keepers, minus the rookies:
    Ronald Acuna OF | ATL--$15
    Walker Buehler P | LAD--$2
    Wil Myers 3B,OF | SD -----------last year of long term contract, must keep
    Addison Russell SS | CHC -----------last year of long term contract, must keep
    Jordan Hicks P | STL--$11
    Jimmy Nelson SP/ Mil--$1
    Marcell Ozuna OF | STL --$24--last year--extend?
    Harrison Bader OF | STL--$10
    German Marquez P | COL--$10
    Luis Castillo P | CIN--$2---last year--extend?
    Chris Archer P | PIT --$18
    Gregory Polanco OF | PIT --$25
    Yadier Molina C/StL--$14

A lot of pitchers, but some very nice value potential. Same for OF.

Here are the ones probably cut:

Ryan McMahon 2B,1B | COL-$10
    Cesar Hernandez 2B | PHI-$14
    Jose Martinez 1B,OF | STL-$10
    Ian Happ 3B,OF | CHC-$5
    Drew Steckenrider P | MIA-$14
    Steve Cishek RP/Chi-$1
    Yoshihisa Hirano P | AR-$10
    John Gant P | STL-$7
    Keone Kela P | PIT-$9
    Matt Strahm P | SD-$7

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!!
    Scottw
    Bearin' up!

I'd keep Polanco and Molina, and I hate paying for catchers. I would keep Hernandez over Bader unless there is something related to defense as a category. I would also keep Polanco and Molina over Bader. His defense is top shelf, but with all the OF options in St. Louis and his platoon splits, it is way too easy for him to fall into the bad side of a platoon (he does crush lefties).

Comment

I agree with cavebird...Archer will likely drive you insane with his poor performances. I know that he did it to me last season...
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

I think I like Happ over all 3...especially if it's OBP

Comment

I would strongly consider not keeping any of those 3.

Comment

Bader xBA was .234 last year, but he will run.

Molina at 14 is the equivalent on 12 in a 260-unit league. I wonder if people are just looking at these prices in 260-unit terms. it matters at the edges.

I would keep both of those guys, and Polanco. not Archer.

and can I stop you guys from overextending player contracts in most cases?

no matter how many turn out to be busts, naive faith in decent players lives on!
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post

Molina at 14 is the equivalent on 12 in a 260-unit league. I wonder if people are just looking at these prices in 260-unit terms. it matters at the edges.

no matter how many turn out to be busts, naive faith in decent players lives on!
              I like to think I am 1 for 2 on that long term front--Myers is just fine, Russell, meh!
              Bearin' up!

Comment

Originally posted by the heat View Post
                I think I like Happ over all 3...especially if it's OBP
                Happ has always been a favorite of mine, but I keep him each year and his lack of opportunity/production just kills me. And, no, it is not OBP. Is this the year he 1. gets a full-time job, and 2., actually has success?
                Bearin' up!

Comment

Originally posted by scottw View Post
                  Happ has always been a favorite of mine, but I keep him each year and his lack of opportunity/production just kills me. And, no, it is not OBP. Is this the year he 1. gets a full-time job, and 2., actually has success?
                  As a Cubs homer I hope he has a great year. As a fantasy player I traded him. He will not be full time this year. In addition he could easily get traded during the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post

I have no issue with keeping Bader, his defense brings counting stats and he can torch lefties, but you have to worry about losing some playing time or batting average issues. Not that I wouldn't keep him, it just seems Hernandez is much better. And the price difference is only $4. And FWIW, I always think of my 300 unit league, so I am probably going in the other direction.

Comment

I also like Hernandez over Bader. And i would still cut Polanco. Maybe missing the first month will keep his price low in the auction and you can get him back at a similar price.
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Nobody has mentioned Jose Martinez: does he have a full-time position?
                        Bearin' up!

Comment

Originally posted by scottw View Post
                          Nobody has mentioned Jose Martinez: does he have a full-time position?
                          Well not at first base.

He should get traded to the AL, but that does not appear in the cards (pun intended) before this years auction. I have him at $4 in my NL only and am not giving him a raise. I do believe he will net me a profit this year. You have him at $10, unless they declare him an OF starter, I think you can do better.

Comment

Working...
                          X