Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Injured Players 2019: Who to Exclude and Downgrade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
    Aren't both of those figured into the ADP? My issue with the Braves staff is that they are all looking over their shoulders. The braves AAA roster is better than Texas will run out.

Oops. I'm counting Touki Toussaint as AAA and he's a favorite to make the team. Let's say AAA is as good as the Rangers.

J
    No way of knowing whether Toussaint makes the rotation or roster yet. With Gausman and Folty, iffy, there are all kinds of questions here. Folty was recent (not from last year), so I doubt that is fully in ADP's except for the last week or so. If Folty and Gausman and everyone else get healthy, then the Braves will have the problem that they had last year, where SP's were ready to go from AA to AAA but AAA had a full rotation of prospects already. Any of the following group: Toussaint, Fried, Wright, Bryce Wilson, and Allard could be in the rotation, and Soroka is there when he gets healthy; same with Gohara.

Comment

Not an injury, but Red Sox RP Steven Wright has been suspended 80 games for PEDs.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Jeremy Jeffress has been dealing with discomfort in his right shoulder all spring, and was removed from his spring training debut Wednesday after throwing just three pitches.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
          That makes sense, but the key is that Ohtani's injury was already known.
          Ausmus said today that Ohtani was ahead of schedule and should start throwing by the end of March.

Comment

Originally posted by minnehan View Post
            Ausmus said today that Ohtani was ahead of schedule and should start throwing by the end of March.
            That's great for his pitching, but does it change when he will be back as a DH?

Comment

A week ago he faced live pitching for the first time and experienced no pain or discomfort. The Angels originally said late May, but it sounds as if it might be sooner.

Comment

Ausmus said Ohtani during the season will have two days away from hitting... one day of pitching rehab followed by a day of rest (his normal pitching routine).

Comment

Working...
                X