Trout
    Betts
    J Ramirez
    Scherzer
    Arenado
    Martinez
    Sale
    Acuna

So a few picks until we are up. What are we thinking? If Yelich amazingly drops I am in. Then I do love Trea Turner if he gets there. Then I would have DeGrom third. If all 3 go I think we have to really talk about what our plan is.

Comment

Do you guys want a cell phone text group? I know people may want to see our debate, but is everyone going to be able to check in before each pick here. I just don't want anyone to feel like they didn't get input on a pick and 4 hours sounds like but I am sure there are times we are all off RJ for 4 hours during the day.

Comment

Originally posted by frae View Post
        Trout
        Betts
        J Ramirez
        Scherzer
        Arenado
        Martinez
        Sale
        Acuna

So a few picks until we are up. What are we thinking? If Yelich amazingly drops I am in. Then I do love Trea Turner if he gets there. Then I would have DeGrom third. If all 3 go I think we have to really talk about what our plan is.
        I totally agree it looks like it will be either turner Yelich or deGrom - I think Yelich is probably the best of the three

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
          I totally agree it looks like it will be either turner Yelich or deGrom - I think Yelich is probably the best of the three
          I would have them ranked

Yelich
          Turner
          DeGrom

Hopefully someone goes outside the box and takes Lindor/Bregman/Altuve/Baez/Machado or something.

Comment

I’m not a huge turner guy so I would have degrom second and Turner third. But I understand the logic. I find it shocking that Chris sale went number seven

Comment

I’m not a huge turner guy so I would have degrom second and Turner third. But I understand the logic. I find it shocking that Chris sale went number seven
              I was surprised too, would be a great time to see people pass Yelich for no reason. Honestly, if I am betting DeGrom is the one most likely to fall to 12 at this point.

Comment

I’m happy to join a text message list as well. For some reason I opted in for every pick to be emailed to me but I haven’t gotten a single email yet

Comment

I’m happy to join a text message list as well. For some reason I opted in for every pick to be emailed to me but I haven’t gotten a single email yet
                  It has come late constantly to me.

Turner goes 9 and DeGrom goes 10. Yelich hang on.

Comment

It has come late constantly to me.

DeGrom goes 10. Yelich and Turner and 2 picks before us. This could be a tough choice if they both go.
                    dammmmmmm. You know that's going to happen - so what's the contingency? Turner just went before degrom. Not looking good.

Comment

dammmmmmm. You know that's going to happen - so what's the contingency?
                      1 pick left and we have Yelich I assume as our top guy. What do we do if he goes? My answer is probably take Altuve and get a power guy around the turn as there are more of those I like, Goldy, Judge, Freeman, Machado.

Comment

I think we all need to say a prayer that the guy on the clock is a big Cubs fan. If not my vote would be Story or Judge. Im not a believer in Baez sustaining his production from 2018.

Comment

1 pick left and we have Yelich I assume as our top guy. What do we do if he goes? My answer is probably take Altuve and get a power guy around the turn as there are more of those I like, Goldy, Judge, Freeman, Machado.
                          I feel like Altuve is safe but isnt going to run again like he has in the past. Story OTOH will get us the power/speed combo.

mjl??

Comment

Even though I'm not a part of the group...I don't think that you can pass on Goldy at this point. 1st base is surprisingly shallow...
                            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                              Even though I'm not a part of the group...I don't think that you can pass on Goldy at this point. 1st base is surprisingly shallow...
                              Do you have a big gap between Goldy and Freeman? I feel like there is a chance we get him in round 2.

As for why Altuve over Story, for me it is about getting help in all the categories and a huge BA anchor. He let's us make other power picks later that we can easily absorb.

Comment

Do you have a big gap between Goldy and Freeman? I feel like there is a chance we get him in round 2.

As for why Altuve over Story, for me it is about getting help in all the categories and a huge BA anchor. He let's us make other power picks later that we can easily absorb.
                                You know I was just looking again the the steamer/depth charts projections and outside of AVG, Story is better in every category than even Yelich. I know SS is deep, but he seems like the best play from a pure numbers standpoint to me. And it isnt like Story is projected for a .250. It is .270 vs. 290.

Comment

Working...
                                X