NFBC Draft Champions - RJ entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFBC Draft Champions - RJ entry

I signed up for a $150 Draft Champions league (no FAAB, 50 round draft, you only get those players for the whole season). If you want to buy a piece of the team, you can send me whatever amount you want and buy the appropriate percentage.

We're using the 4 hour clock so we have time to decide. We're team #2, draft will start once it gets 15.

Any opinion on what draft position we'd prefer?
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

I'll come in for $40, plus it will force me to finally make my way up Market st
    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

I'm interested.

Comment

I like the idea if we all put up $30 we each own 20% which makes the math easy?

Comment

Originally posted by frae View Post
          I like the idea if we all put up $30 we each owe 20% which makes the math easy?
          We're 4/5 of the way there in that case.

Comment

I'm fine with dropping back to $30
            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

I like this idea, big fan of draft champions leagues (I will have 2..finished in the $$ last season ) - but how would it work...weekly roster moves, etc? We just meet here and discuss every week? If so, count me in for 30. I do believe there is a fee to add an owner(s) to a NFBC team though.

ETA: KDS I prefer 2,3,12,13,11,14
              Last edited by Pauly; 02-15-2019, 03:24 PM.

Comment

dunno. I just added Ken and Frae as co-managers, or at least sent them invites, and it didn't try to charge me anything that I know about. Bob, Pauly, give me your email addresses and I'll see how many co-managers I can have.

I figure we could chat here before activation days but most of the interaction will be during the draft.
                In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

also, anyone else have an opinion about KDS?

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                    dunno. I just added Ken and Frae as co-managers, or at least sent them invites, and it didn't try to charge me anything that I know about. Bob, Pauly, give me your email addresses and I'll see how many co-managers I can have.

I figure we could chat here before activation days but most of the interaction will be during the draft.
                    Cool..guess I was wrong about the fee. Just sent you my email via PM

Comment

it didn't try to charge me anything that I know about.
                      I didnt get charged extra last year for a co-manager

Comment

Just looking at the early rounds I don't like 5,6,7,8, and 9. I just think you can get guys that are similar from 10-15 plus you get an earlier pick in round 2. I don't hate 4 because I don't hate taking Max but if we aren't into that I agree with the other setup try for 2 or 3, or feel free to drop down to at least 10.

Comment

I'll go along with any KDS.
                          I agree that #2 is the place to be this year, although after that I'd probably shoot for 7/8/9 to stay in the middle and avoid missing out on the long runs - curious what you guys don't like about the middle.

Comment

Originally posted by frae View Post
                            Just looking at the early rounds I don't like 5,6,7,8, and 9. I just think you can get guys that are similar from 10-15 plus you get an earlier pick in round 2. I don't hate 4 because I don't hate taking Max but if we aren't into that I agree with the other setup try for 2 or 3, or feel free to drop down to at least 10.
                            Just to play devil's advocate here, With ~6/7 you have a chance at Max or Acuna and then you can sometimes swing back the same tier of player in round 2 that you would have gotten at the turn since the deltas reduce dramatically at the start of the draft.

Comment

Im in...thanks mjl. PM me your paypal info and I will send you the 30.

Comment

Working...
                              X