NFBC Draft Champions - RJ entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, works for me.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Took Yelich.
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
        Do we wait for Ken? Is Fresno Bob on this team too?
        Sorry guys! The answer is always no, don't wait for me to pick.
        Was in the hospital with my wife again, her grandfather is going on hospice tomorrow so we have to get everything ready.

Yelich was great at 1.12!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
          Was in the hospital with my wife again, her grandfather is going on hospice tomorrow so we have to get everything ready.

Sorry to hear hope it goes ok.

I am really happy with Yelich down at 1.12. Gives us some of everything and I really think one of the power hitters we talked about taking before when we thought Yelich wold go at 1.11 will survive the next 6, but I guess we will see.

Comment

Whats the current thought on 2.04?

Comment

Whats the current thought on 2.04?
              I think if one of those elite hitters we kicked around earlier survive I would go there.

Goldy
              Story
              Judge
              Freeman

Maybe add Machado to that group? If all of them are gone maybe we talk about Kluber?

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                I'd be happy with Yelich or Story.
                me too
                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

same here, don't wait for me
                  "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by frae View Post
                    I think if one of those elite hitters we kicked around earlier survive I would go there.

Goldy
                    Story
                    Judge
                    Freeman

Maybe add Machado to that group? If all of them are gone maybe we talk about Kluber?
                    I'd love Goldy or Story in the 2nd round, if the above 4 are gone, I'm fine with Kluber I missed the link for the actual draft

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                      I'd love Goldy or Story in the 2nd round, if the above 4 are gone, I'm fine with Kluber I missed the link for the actual draft
                      what's your email I can try to add you? Did you get an email the first time from MJL if not I can try it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                        I agree but think of how sweet a yelich-story foundation would be for speed. Nothing against goldy but Id rather have thise 20 sb with story if it came down to it

Comment

• Well goldy and judge just went...moving fast. We are in the hole i think...back to the game!

Comment

• So we get 1 of Story/Machado/Kluber - I'm fine with any of those 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                              Well goldy and judge just went...moving fast. We are in the hole i think...back to the game!
                              Yep, 2 picks to go.

Freeman, Story, Machado and Kluber? Let's see who goes and we can talk over text.

Comment

• I'd also be fine with Lindor, but I know I may be on an island there. I think you have to take risks to win these things, and Lindor's upside is that he was 1.04 before this injury and there's no guarantee that it's going to be a major problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X