No announcement yet.

NFBC Draft Champions - RJ entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dave bristow and kc cha (opposing owners)...I remember those names - those guys buy lots and lots of draft champ teams. We will need to be on our toes. Also some joker is using my favorite team name - Merkle’s Boners

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
      First question is to Lindor or not to Lindor
      I definitely would not at 12. I like DeGrom/Sale in the 1st and whoever people like as the best bat in rd 2, but we will need to see. If Max Degrom and Sale are gone we shouldn't reach for a pitcher.

Comment

We are out of shares for this team, right? I would be the cheapest, because living in Louisiana, I can't actually be added as an owner. Looks like fun, however.

Comment

Originally posted by frae View Post
          I definitely would not at 12. I like DeGrom/Sale in the 1st and whoever people like as the best bat in rd 2, but we will need to see. If Max Degrom and Sale are gone we shouldn't reach for a pitcher.
          I agree here; first round is for safety. And I assume you are thinking that Scherzer is long gone at this point. Otherwise, obviously grab him. Or if they all go for safety, go for Acuna; he's fun to watch and has upside out the wazoo. (Yeah, I just said first round is for safety, but I am a homer and all, lol)

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
            We are out of shares for this team, right? I would be the cheapest, because living in Louisiana, I can't actually be added as an owner. Looks like fun, however.
            You can be the honorary mascot since you can't be a paying member.

Comment

Isn't it strange how quickly we've gone from only 1 pitcher even considered in the first round, to deciding between 2 who aren't even the best?

Wish there was a great option on the offensive side to reduce risk, and pickup an ace in the 2nd round.

Comment

You can be the honorary mascot since you can't be a paying member.
                If it was just a "I send a check in" and am not added to the website, I could be a real member, I just couldn't see the standings, etc. As a mascot, you would have to name your team "The Beached Whales."

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                  If it was just a "I send a check in" and am not added to the website, I could be a real member, I just couldn't see the standings, etc. As a mascot, you would have to name your team "The Beached Whales."
                  No, no, you don't understand how this mascot thing works. We name the team.... you have to dress up to match.

Comment

Isn't it strange how quickly we've gone from only 1 pitcher even considered in the first round, to deciding between 2 who aren't even the best?

Wish there was a great option on the offensive side to reduce risk, and pickup an ace in the 2nd round.
                    I have always been on the there are 3 pitchers to take in round 1 train. There is only one in the top 6 to take, but after that I think DeGrom and Sale are good and I like DeGrom a lot. I took hi at 11 in my own. I will never fight too hard over these, but I don't love the round 2 guys tbh Kluber Nola and Verlander don't feel like a good return for where you are taking the. With DeGrom especailly you are getting some rock solid stats with a track record of handling the innings load. None of this matters until picks are made, need to see who goes if Turner Arenado or Acunafall to us I would be all in on that.

Comment

I have always been on the there are 3 pitchers to take in round 1 train. There is only one in the top 6 to take, but after that I think DeGrom and Sale are good and I like DeGrom a lot. I took hi at 11 in my own. I will never fight too hard over these, but I don't love the round 2 guys tbh Kluber Nola and Verlander don't feel like a good return for where you are taking the. With DeGrom especailly you are getting some rock solid stats with a track record of handling the innings load. None of this matters until picks are made, need to see who goes if Turner Arenado or Acunafall to us I would be all in on that.
                      Sorry for my obvious lack of clarity - I'm comparing to previous years.

In past years the fantasy community has been reluctant to take pitchers in the 1st round due to the health risk, I'm curious why we, as an industry, are okay with that risk now.

Comment

Ineed to see who goes if Turner Arenado or Acunafall to us I would be all in on that.
                        I think there's an argument for Altuve too, if last year's production was down due to injury, he's due for a big turnaround.

Comment

I'm happy to keep adding co-owners even if you don't have a financial share. And we're going to discuss everything here.
                          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                            I'm happy to keep adding co-owners even if you don't have a financial share. And we're going to discuss everything here.
                            Mascots, not co-owners

Comment

co-dorks.
                              In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                                co-dorks.
                                haha, fitting.

Comment

Working...
                                X