No announcement yet.

NFBC Draft Champions - RJ entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also why are you guys down on Bregman? Is it the injury for him too?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
      Also why are you guys down on Bregman? Is it the injury for him too?
      Yeah I have basically stayed away from question marks or unknowns if I could in round 1 and 2. I know I'll be taking upside guys later because your point about needing to hit on some risks to win a league is valid, but even taking Altuve in rd 2 at pick 20 in my other one was not easy because I do know he had a surgery in the off season too. I just want to bank some stats here.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
        Yeah I have basically stayed away from question marks or unknowns if I could in round 1 and 2. I know I'll be taking upside guys later because your point about needing to hit on some risks to win a league is valid, but even taking Altuve in rd 2 at pick 20 in my other one was not easy because I do know he had a surgery in the off season too. I just want to bank some stats here.
        Wow, Altuve at 20 is a steal.
        You gotta consider that the injury considerations are already accounted for in his ADP at least to a large extent. So quite a bit of upside left if the injury is NOT more than what we think.

I get your notion of upside plays later, but in that instance, in auction terms, you're hoping for a $5 player for $1, whereas at this point in the draft we can hope for a $35 player for $20 which could win the thing.

Comment

• I'd be okay with Bregman or Lindor also. Ken's right that if we want to try to win the whole thing, we probably need to take on some variance and getting a round-one talent in round two because of injury concerns is part of that. though I'm a lot more concerned about Lindor's injury because those things linger and will cut into his speed. I'd consider Bregman, Kluber, or Story I think.
          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Ok after some text debate we decided Lindor. Freeman Story Goldy and Judge all went on the turn. It was Kluber, Machado, Lindor or maybe Bregman in the debate. We decided to shoot for the moon on Lindor being back almost all year at pick 17. We will see, now to hope a good SP option falls to us in rd 3.

Comment

• Well we rolled the dice that we would get a SP we could build around and Thor made it back to us. In fact Thor and Walker B, but we choose Thor. Now we watch the turn to see what we can get coming out of it.

Comment

• Great catching up on this thread, thanks for posting all the thinking behind the moves for us bystanders ... I like the approach you guys are taking so far.
                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• We have started our own debate in the group text but feel free to jump in. So far Rendon has gone after us which means 5 more picks. All 3 teams behind us need pitching I have to assume that one of them takes Buehler. 4 more picks then before us, we as a group don't like Corbin or Paxton and hope they go.

So the one hitter we as a grop seem to at least consider is Davis. The variance on Vlad is probably too much for us to take on with Lindor on board already. The only other hittes in the adp range of pick 49 are Bellinger, Correa, Albies and Suarez. I probably want to take a hitter more than most, but if Davis is gone I probably can't argue too hard for any of those.

So pitching Tailon Clevinger and Flaherty seem to be the guys most popular and maybe Stras but I'd personally rather take Tailon or Clev over him and believe I might get over 180 IP.

Anyone reading along have strong feelings so far we have...

Yelich
                  Lindor
                  Thor

Bellinger goes before the turn. The turn is Segura Andujar surprisingly.
                  Last edited by frae; 02-16-2019, 08:47 PM.

Comment

• Walker B goes and Albies. We are on the clock. Good debate going on about Davis or an SP like Clevinger or Tailon.

Comment

• Plenty of interesting #2 pitching options. Take Krush.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                        Plenty of interesting #2 pitching options. Take Krush.
                        Yeah, this is where I would lean as well.
                        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Plenty of interesting #2 pitching options. Take Krush.
                          That's what we are debating right now.

The draft board makes it a no brainer for me. There has only been 1 pitcher taken to our right, so we expect more hitters than pitchers going on our left allowing one of the SP2 options to slide back to us.

Comment

• Here's the board

Comment

• I love Shepard's team, but he will obviously have to find pitching.

Comment

I love Shepard's team, but he will obviously have to find pitching.
                                traitor!

you are a terrible mascot

Comment

Working...
                                X