No announcement yet.

NFBC Draft Champions - RJ entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also...two things: It is now or never on the 1B because if we go offense here, I feel like we are forced to go SP in round 2 or we will most definitely miss out om that entire tier 2 of pitchers.

Comment

Judge is interesting if we want to chase big power and look to pair him with one of Goldy/Freeman after the turn.

As for Story I don't do my own projections I use rotowire and Shandlers.

I have story at about 88 runs 99 RBI 33 HR and a 271 BA with 18 SB's.

Yelich 105 R's 29 HR 101 RBI 20 SB 307

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
        Also...two things: It is now or never on the 1B because if we go offense here, I feel like we are forced to go SP in round 2 or we will most definitely miss out om that entire tier 2 of pitchers.
        I probably wouldn't go for a pitcher in round 2 because you either have to push for Kluber/Nola or Verlander and I just don't know that they are worth that pick. I don't know I love having one of the top 3, but after that I just feel like I am chasing at the 12th or 18th.

Comment

Originally posted by frae View Post
          Judge is interesting if we want to chase big power and look to pair him with one of Goldy/Freeman after the turn.

As for Story I don't do my own projections I use rotowire and Shandlers.

I have story at about 88 runs 99 RBI 33 HR and a 271 BA with 18 SB's.

Yelich 105 R's 29 HR 101 RBI 20 SB 307
          The projections are similar....dont get me wrong I am 100% on board with Yelich first...just Story second vs. Goldy or Altuve. If we go Judge/1B we will have the same team as Sporer/Collette in LABR and i DONT want to end up with a pitching staff that look like that.

Comment

Do you have a big gap between Goldy and Freeman? I feel like there is a chance we get him in round 2.

As for why Altuve over Story, for me it is about getting help in all the categories and a huge BA anchor. He let's us make other power picks later that we can easily absorb.
            I like Goldy better than Freeman, not by a ton, but I do think that he's a bit above Freddie. And that St. Louis line-up could be dangerous as hell.

Still not sold on Story's BA, but this season will tell the truth I think.
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

The projections are similar....dont get me wrong I am 100% on board with Yelich first...just Story second vs. Goldy or Altuve. If we go Judge/1B we will have the same team as Sporer/Collette in LABR and i DONT want to end up with a pitching staff that look like that.
              Straight adp for our 2nd pick could leave us Thor or Kershaw at 42. Corbin Buehler, and Thor made it to pick 42 in the one I am in, Kershaw just missed getting there. I wouldn't mind Buehler, Thor or Kershaw as #1.

Comment

I do love draft season, just looking up stats and talking baseball is fun.

Comment

I probably wouldn't go for a pitcher in round 2 because you either have to push for Kluber/Nola or Verlander and I just don't know that they are worth that pick. I don't know I love having one of the top 3, but after that I just feel like I am chasing at the 12th or 18th.
                  Reaching for the tier 2 of pitchers is a fact of life in NFBC this year...unless you want to end up with Zack Wheeler or David Price as your ace. I dont. Plus - Kulber, JV, Nola, Severino arent slouches!

Comment

Straight adp for our 2nd pick could leave us Thor or Kershaw at 42. Corbin Buehler, and Thor made it to pick 42 in the one I am in, Kershaw just missed getting there. I wouldn't mind Buehler, Thor or Kershaw as #1.
                    I see your logic here but it is super risky - everyone wants pitchers.
                    ETA: And there's always the zig when others zag theory.

Comment

I see your logic here but it is super risky - everyone wants pitchers.
                      ETA: And there's always the zig when others zag theory.
                      Well depending on what goes on the other side of us there are 3 guys on the front half that now have an SP. So that means there are 8 teams on that side of us that could take one sp each. We probably need to make that firm list when we get to our 2nd round pick.

Comment

I feel like Altuve is safe but isnt going to run again like he has in the past. Story OTOH will get us the power/speed combo.

mjl??
                        kids swim lesson this morning, haven't had time to think too much, don't love Altuve compared to Story/Yelich/1B
                        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Well depending on what goes on the other side of us there are 3 guys on the front half that now have an SP. So that means there are 8 teams on that side of us that could take one sp each. We probably need to make that firm list when we get to our 2nd round pick.
                          agreed. Plus the guys who took Max, Degrom and Sale might double up on SP - it makes sense from a strategy standpoint. If you are gonna try and dominate pitching, then go ahead and dominate pitching, you know?

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                            kids swim lesson this morning, haven't had time to think too much, don't love Altuve compared to Story/Yelich/1B
                            Agreed. I think Altuve is off the table.

Comment

Guys Im about to head out to a college hoops game in 20 min...might not be in touch for a bit. Let me know if you want to start a text group - this is a good idea...just look at all the convo without Ken being involved.

Comment

agreed. Plus the guys who took Max, Degrom and Sale might double up on SP - it makes sense from a strategy standpoint. If you are gonna try and dominate pitching, then go ahead and dominate pitching, you know?
                                Yeah, but there are definitely guys out there going with the all hitting early strategy too. So let's just make a cutoff point of who we would be ok with being our first pitcher that is still left...

Kluber
                                Nola
                                Cole
                                Snell
                                Bauer
                                Severino
                                Kershaw
                                Carrasco
                                Buehler
                                Thor

Those are probably the guys I would be good with as a #1.

Verlander

Comment

Working...
                                X