No announcement yet.

Nfbc 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solid-looking team with some upside now. I like the recent power additions. Alonso was so obviously the guy for you there. He'll play and give moderate power and fill a position. Your power is still a tad light, but good enough to get enough points to let your good pitching take you into contention. If Vlad and Robles pan out, you are gold. If not, probably a fringe contender.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
      Solid-looking team with some upside now. I like the recent power additions. Alonso was so obviously the guy for you there. He'll play and give moderate power and fill a position. Your power is still a tad light, but good enough to get enough points to let your good pitching take you into contention. If Vlad and Robles pan out, you are gold. If not, probably a fringe contender.
      I am happy with it right now. I need to find useful depth now because without faab having guys to replace injured guys is going to be key. 30 more picks, need to get lots of SP options, a couple MR who I can use when my pitching staff is really beat up, and I need some boring vet hitters with jobs and a few upside guys.

Comment

In round 21 I will have pick 311 and we are two picks away from me.

So my remaining needs...

MI - Scott Kingery, Eduardon Nunez, Dansby Swanson, Orlando Arcia, Jason Kipnis- Anyone from this group stand out at this point?

C2 - Austin barnes, Kurt Suzuki, Jon Lucroy, John Hicks, Isiah Kiner Falefa . Anyone here worth either of these picks.

Pitching - Julio Urias , Jake Junis, trevor williams, Corbin burnes, Mike Soroka, Matt Boyd

Overall hitters ignoring position needs - Kemp, Adam Jones, Teoscar, Brandon Belt, Brett Gardner

Maybe I get one of Boyd or Junis just to have some stats and then take one of the other guys later? I kind of like Eduardo Nunez from MI group. C? They are not good and I don't want to rush yet.
        Last edited by frae; 02-22-2019, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by frae View Post

So my remaining needs...

MI - Scott Kingery, Eduardon Nunez, Dansby Swanson, Orlando Arcia, Jason Kipnis- Anyone from this group stand out at this point?

C2 - Austin barnes, Kurt Suzuki, Jon Lucroy, John Hicks, Isiah Kiner Falefa . Anyone here worth either of these picks.

Pitching - Julio Urias , Jake Junis, trevor williams, Corbin burnes, Mike Soroka, Matt Boyd

Overall hitters ignoring position needs - Kemp, Adam Jones, Teoscar, Brandon Belt, Brett Gardner

Maybe I get one of Boyd or Junis just to have some stats and then take one of the other guys later? I kind of like Eduardo Nunez from MI group. C? They are not good and I don't want to rush yet.
          I wonder how much "I need to fill out my roster... look there's an empty spot at catcher... I must pick a catcher" influences the ADP of those C2 guys? I think in a realistic value based draft, second catchers should be picked much, much later.

Comment

So my remaining needs...

Oh, I really like Burnes. I don't think there's any need to draft a C by round 23. Though I do kinda like Barnes.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
              Oh, I really like Burnes.
              Is Barnes going to get enough playing time to be relevant this year? I haven't look at it deeply. If so I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                Is Barnes going to get enough playing time to be relevant this year? I haven't look at it deeply. If so I agree.
                I can't see them giving Russell Martin more than 1-2 games a week, and I don't think they call up their rookies before September. So yes, lots of PT for Barnes.

Comment

I took Soroka. Either going for more pitching around the turn or I’ll try to decide on a hitter. Corbin Burnes went before my pick and so did Junis. Anyone like any other pitchers. Or should I take one of those available hitters?

Comment

I took Soroka.
                    My fear with those Braves pitchers is just that there's so many of them, will they all get the innings they need to make them valuable?

Comment

• At this point I think I want guys whose innings I want. I will need replacement innings for a few guys I take now but we are after round 20 so everyone has warts. I want upside guys a couple of innings eaters a pairs of solid middle relievers and some more maybe they could get saves guys. Any pitcher left now has issues I just like Soroka if he gets a shot.

Comment

• You are just cursed. Shoulder issues for Soroka announced shortly after you drafted him. Please do not draft any of my keepers. Thx.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                          You are just cursed. Shoulder issues for Soroka announced shortly after you drafted him. Please do not draft any of my keepers. Thx.
                          The c mart one happened in the other league. I got the Soroka news before my 2nd pick and took matt Boyd so id have a 6th starter for sure. Coming back to me now I am looking at going Austin Barnes and either Eduardo Nunez or the new tigers lead off hitter Josh Harrison. That will fill all my starting spots. Then it will be time for rsvs

Comment

• Got Barnes in rd 23. So done with catcher.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                              Got Barnes in rd 23. So done with catcher.
                              Starting catcher right? You should probably pick up a reserve

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                                Starting catcher right? You should probably pick up a reserve
                                Yeah I’ll have to get someone but I am going to focus on the other rsv spots first after I get my MI on the turn here.

Comment

Working...
                                X