• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Krush

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
      Krush
      Hoskins and Correa went so we are now hoping Davis slips one more.

Comment

And the guy in front of me took Edwin Diaz so i get Krush. Krush may have been who I should have taken in round 3, but in the end I got Vlady Jr and Krush so not a bad pairing to go with Altuve.

1.11 Jacob DeGrom
        2.5 Jose Altuve
        3.11 Vlad Jr
        4.05 Khris Davis

Now I can start looking at another SP in round 5 or again whatever the best value hitter is.
        Last edited by frae; 02-15-2019, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Krush is a tough one because he is DH only. Not sure at what point flexibility and stats meet in the DC format, but it's interesting..

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
            Krush is a tough one because he is DH only. Not sure at what point flexibility and stats meet in the DC format, but it's interesting..
            You are going to use your UT on someone and with it being 15 teams mixed you usually can get enough depth in 50 rounds so you aren't too boxed in, but I do understand your point. For me buying the bankable power stats there was worth being limited to UT for Davis.

Comment

I think that Vladdy is being oversold at this point...guessing that .280/20/80 is a good first year for him. He could surprise, but remember that he's going to miss 2-3 weeks at least...
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

He's got tons of upside from that---look at Acuna's second half. The problem is that in non-keeper leagues (and let's face it, in all keeper leagues that allow minor leaguers, he's not available) his draft position/auction price eats all the upside away. Dude can rake, that is clear. He'll have to adjust to MLB pitching, too. And his body structure makes injuries not exactly unfathomable, so yeah, he's being oversold. Not the price of his absolute upside, but you are paying for the 90% projection, which is very, very scary.

Comment

I just looked at the other names there and I wasn’t going to take pitching and honestly didn’t really lose anyone around the Turn and still got Davis. As for losing two weeks or so I’ll be able to use someone else so i won’t be getting a zero from the spot it’s only a 15 team mixed. And lastly he is just fun to own and there is no other league I can get him in. Jason and Paul took him on the 3/4 turn in labr so 4 picks ahead didn’t seem like a big reach.

Comment

Originally posted by frae View Post
                    I just looked at the other names there and I wasn’t going to take pitching and honestly didn’t really lose anyone around the Turn and still got Davis. As for losing two weeks or so I’ll be able to use someone else so i won’t be getting a zero from the spot it’s only a 15 team mixed. And lastly he is just fun to own and there is no other league I can get him in. Jason and Paul took him on the 3/4 turn in labr so 4 picks ahead didn’t seem like a big reach.
                    No argument on the fun part. Enjoy! Hell, I am not a homer for any team that he is related to, but his walk-off in the final spring training game in Montreal last year was awesomely unreal.

Comment

I was hoping Votto would make it back to me but he didn't. Matt Carpenter was there and I wanted to get a 1B that I liked so Carp was my round 5 pick. Waiting for the turn I am looking for an OF'er and will take some input...

Puig
                      Ozuna
                      Upton

Or Corey Seager, K Jansen (Diaz, Treinine and Kimbrel are gone). Then we get to SP's, Wheeler, Marquez, and MadBum.

Comment

Big closer run behind me one pick away now and we are kind of at the cliff of a group of closers. Jansen, Chapman and Hand all went.

So I have Vazquez and Osuna as the last two sort of in the tier to go here and lots of picks between me after this one. Also Puig and Ozuna went.

So I am looking at a closer, Zack Wheeler, Corey Seager, Conforto, or Justin Upton.

Comment

Hader went in front of me so I did grab Vazquez. I dind't want to send it away without a closer and 18 picks between me and my next pick and 7 of those 9 teams without a closer.

Comment

If he's still there, I'd take Ozuna...hurt last year and still had decent numbers.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                              If he's still there, I'd take Ozuna...hurt last year and still had decent numbers.
                              He went, all the OF'ers I had on that first list went but Upton and with his ADP I decided to roll the dice that he or someone like him (Haniger, Casty, or Coforto) come back. I also need to get a 2nd SP, but overall right now it feels like I am getting the stats I need.

SP DeGrom
                              RP Vazquez

1B Carpenter
                              2b Altuve
                              3B Vlad
                              UT K Davis

Comment

Originally posted by frae View Post
                                He went, all the OF'ers I had on that first list went but Upton and with his ADP I decided to roll the dice that he or someone like him (Haniger, Casty, or Coforto) come back. I also need to get a 2nd SP, but overall right now it feels like I am getting the stats I need.

SP DeGrom
                                RP Vazquez

1B Carpenter
                                2b Altuve
                                3B Vlad
                                UT K Davis
                                Upton is quietly underrated IMO. 30 homers, good RBI's, and a handful of steals...what's not to like other than watching him play the OF?

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                                X