Nfbc 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by frae View Post
    Yeah I’ll have to get someone but I am going to focus on the other rsv spots first after I get my MI on the turn here.
    Of course, very low priority I agree.

Comment

• Grabbed Josh Harrison around the turn in rd 24. I now have my starting lineups filled up. I do need to add a 3B for the first few weeks of the season while Vlad is "learning" something at AAA. Probably need some MI options early as I don't love Harrison, but he should leadoff for DET and that is better than the other guys. Need some OF depth too. Lots of picks left to be made, here it is as of now...

C D Jansen
      C A Barnes
      1b Carp
      2b Altuve
      SS P DeJong
      MI J Harrison
      3rb Vlad
      CI Y Alonso
      OF Robles
      OF Peralta
      OF A Meadows
      OF R Braun
      OF Jackie Bradley Jr
      UT K Davis

SP DeGrom
      SP Price
      SP L Castillo
      SP Darvish
      SP J Musgrove
      SP Matt Boyd
      CL 1 F Vazquez
      CL 2 Givens
      CL 3 T May

RSV Soroka

Comment

• I can't believe Harrison made it back to you. He's a steal there. But you do probably need a MI who will play after the trade deadline, because he'll likely be moved, and quite possibly not to be a full time player.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
          I can't believe Harrison made it back to you. He's a steal there. But you do probably need a MI who will play after the trade deadline, because he'll likely be moved, and quite possibly not to be a full time player.
          Seems like a lot of dominoes have to fall for that scenario to play out. How often is a player actually signed for the purpose of flipping him at the next trade deadline? I bet it is extremely rare.

Comment

• Often enough, especially with cheap veterans. It is Saturday night and parade season has started, so I am not quite sober enough to remember anyone from last year, but I am sure there are a few. Oh, wait, Moustakas. That was one last year.

Comment

• J Hay could definitely get traded especially if he actually plays well, but I'll worry about getting a backup in a bit. Vlad will miss 2-3 weeks so probably need to address that now. Colin Moran is totally bland but his job should be safe for at least 2 months before they would look at Kang or Hays in the minors. So probably will take him first here.

On the way back I am up for input on pitching.

Do I take farm guys that could really help if they get a chance, Paddock, Sheffield, Honeywell, Mize, Ian Anderson, and Mitch Keller.

A solid High K MR - Green, Lugo, Ottavino

Chase Saves - Brasier or Parker since I own May

Or boring vet - Roark, Keller, C Anderson, Gio, CC, Landy Lynn, Oddorizi,

Maybe upsdie starters - Duffy, Woodruff

Or anyone I am missing?

Comment

• I really think you need another starter with the Soroka injury and the fact that it’s hard to say how many innings you’ll get from Darvish and Musgrove. Who else is there?

Comment

• Strohm
                  Pineda
                  Harvey
                  Aaron Sanchez
                  Trevor Richards
                  Derrick Holland
                  Shark
                  Cahill

Comment

• I like Pineda and Richards more than the other guys you listed. You may be able to wait a round or two. Of course, Pineda is no lock to throw a lot of innings, either. Ditto for Harvey and Cahill, who are both sort of interesting in their new home but are major injury risks. If you want someone who is very likely to give you 180 innings and hopefully won’t hurt you, I’d take Roark.

Comment

• I’d also put Lauer on your radar. Finished very strong after a disastrous start.

Comment

• Is Eflin there? I suppose Stripling is gone? Some people like Caleb Smith, too.

Comment

• Yeah both are gone. Smith is there. I can see taking two here. I kind of like Strahm in SD. Could pair him with a boring guy like Roark or Shark.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                            Yeah both are gone. Smith is there. I can see taking two here. I kind of like Strahm in SD. Could pair him with a boring guy like Roark or Shark.
                            Strahm is intriguing but don’t think he’s in the rotation. I might wait a round or two and take Lauer and/or Erlin.

Comment

• Trying to decide on a hitter here in round 26. Willie Calhoun and Orlando Arcia are both there. I want to take a shot on a guy who could have some upside post 2018 hype. Anyone have a strong opinion here?

I need both positions for rsv still. In fact I need all hitting position reserves. I could take Hernan Perez to cover a lot, but I just don't see anyway he becomes someone who could really help me win.

Comment

• Perez lost his value with the Moustakas signing. I would go Calhoun for upside, Arcia if you want someone who will get AB's.

Comment

Working...
                                X