Nfbc 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nfbc 2019

Well I got bored with football over and still 3 weeks until my first auction and joined an NFBC league last night. I drew the 11th pick of 15 and so far we are moving pretty quickly.

I had 9 hitters and Scherzer, DeGrom and Sale in the que as considerations. No surprises in the top 10 except maybe Story going. Arenado got picked right in front of me at 10 so for me the choice seemed easy take DeGrom here and grab a hitter in round 2. Sale went right after DeGrom at 12. The turn was hitters and Kluber, while Lindor went right in front of me at pick 19. Not sure I would have taken him anyway with some of the other choices there still.

So the 2nd pick, 20th overall was harder. I considered Goldy, Altuve, and Bregman. All 3 offered some real positives, but in the end I thought that Altuve's stats were worth the most here. I'll get 15+ HR's and 25+ steals to go with a great BA anchor from 2B. I like all 3 a lot and definitely coulc have made the wrong choice, but I don't think Altuve can hurt me that much even in his down year he had quite a bit of value and hoepfully his knee is good to go.

About 6 picks now until my round 3 pick. Starting to at least put a list together.

I want to get another hitter here unless they skip over the top pitching left and then I guess I'll go where the value is. Some early options..

Rizzo
    Soto
    Vlad Jr
    Rendon
    K Davis
    Bellinger
    Hoskins
    A Mondesi
    Pham

Kershaw
    Buehler
    Thor
    Bauer

Those seem to be the options I would consider between round 3 and 4. If I am honest I kind of want to get a share of Vlad since I won't be able to own him in any of my keeper leagues, but we will see.

Comment

Getting Degrom is nice. I love Bauer and I'd take him if he was there. Honestly I don't love any of those hitters but you have to have offense. I would probably pick Rendon but I understand the allure of Vladito.

Comment

I might go Rizzo.

Comment

Well Bauer went, I do like Rizzo and Rendon for fairly reliable stats and honestly if they came to me I probably take them over Vlad. If those two are gone and it is Soto or Vlad that is a tougher call, but if Soto is gone too I think I just enjoy rooting for Vlad to be special. If all 4 of those guys are gone I don't know where I go.

Comment

Rendon, Rizzo, and Kershaw go. Two picks until I am up with Soto and Vlad out there. I think I hope for one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by frae View Post
              Rendon, Rizzo, and Kershaw go. Two picks until I am up with Soto and Vlad out there. I think I hope for one of them.
              C'mon Soto!

Comment

Speaking of NFBC, it would be really cool to do a slow draft with RJ board voting so we all get to discuss what pick makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  C'mon Soto!
                  Soto and Berlinger go in front of me. I don’t see anyone from below Vlad that I have to get so since all the logical choices are gone and I just don’t think I can double up at sp here I think I take Vlad.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                    Speaking of NFBC, it would be really cool to do a slow draft with RJ board voting so we all get to discuss what pick makes sense.
                    What I'm finding is that my 2 hour draft goes way too fast for this to work. Maybe in a 4-hour draft.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                      What I'm finding is that my 2 hour draft goes way too fast for this to work. Maybe in a 4-hour draft.
                      Yeah I am in a four hour draft and it does move fast, but we could use a lot of our 4 hours each time even if it bugs people or just put #15 as our top spot in the KFC so we only have to pick as a group once basically for two rounds.

Comment

For all the hand-wringing about speed, I am not finding it hard to come by. I've got plenty of guys who should chip in 10-15 that I snagged later in the draft. I'm much more worried about power.

Comment

OK so after my Vlad pick lots of guys I probably wasn't taking so I am not too upset so far...

Corbin
                          Buehler
                          Thor
                          Albies
                          Realamuto

So from the earlier list I think I still have

Davis
                          Hoskins
                          Pham
                          Mondesi

I guess we could add Bogaerts.

For pitching

Paxton, Taillon, Clev, Stras.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                            For all the hand-wringing about speed, I am not finding it hard to come by. I've got plenty of guys who should chip in 10-15 that I snagged later in the draft. I'm much more worried about power.
                            Yeah I think if I get the choice here I just grab Hoskins/Davis and use the Altuve BA to absorb it.

Comment

I'm a huge fan of both Taillon and Clevinger this year. Krush probably makes more sense given your team.

Comment

Working...
                              X