Nfbc 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
    Heyyyy why didn't you argue for Kela for our team with me!
    I like him I just think he has less innings than Lugo and since I have Vaz in rd 30 he has skills and a role worth me taking

Comment

• Ok time to get some backups

SS and 2B - Since I have 2 3B guys and 2 1B guys (counting carp as a 3b for this argument) . Vlad/Carp and Y Alonso/O'Hearn i can make the corners work especially once I get vlad up. So I figure I should take one of maybe each here?

SS - Tim Beckham or Addison Russell seem to be non zero type guys there that have jobs. I can't take Bichette yet with no backup, but I am not opposed to doing it if he hangs around longer. JP Crawford is out there too if I want to go Beckham/Crawford later and have the Sea SS. if I take Russell I risk a month with no SS backup but there are a few desprate play guys out there like Alcides Escobar I could get to go with him later.

2B - Kolten Wong and Pedroia have jobs. i could also try to take both the Giants 2b in Panik and Solarte. The upside play here is Hiura. Not sure he gets the call before Bichette and again I probably can't take him ahead of one of the boring guys but he is there.

OF - Nick williams is there and if we thing Harper is signing elsewhere he could have a big role this year. There are still more guys here and I have Calhoun so I proabably need to do MI guys this time and then another OF guy next time.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
        Ok time to get some backups

SS and 2B - Since I have 2 3B guys and 2 1B guys (counting carp as a 3b for this argument) . Vlad/Carp and Y Alonso/O'Hearn i can make the corners work especially once I get vlad up. So I figure I should take one of maybe each here?

SS - Tim Beckham or Addison Russell seem to be non zero type guys there that have jobs. I can't take Bichette yet with no backup, but I am not opposed to doing it if he hangs around longer. JP Crawford is out there too if I want to go Beckham/Crawford later and have the Sea SS. if I take Russell I risk a month with no SS backup but there are a few desprate play guys out there like Alcides Escobar I could get to go with him later.

2B - Kolten Wong and Pedroia have jobs. i could also try to take both the Giants 2b in Panik and Solarte. The upside play here is Hiura. Not sure he gets the call before Bichette and again I probably can't take him ahead of one of the boring guys but he is there.

OF - Nick williams is there and if we thing Harper is signing elsewhere he could have a big role this year. There are still more guys here and I have Calhoun so I proabably need to do MI guys this time and then another OF guy next time.
        I like Wong. He doesn't seem to run very well any more but he still has upside. He was awful at the beginning of the season but went .317/.384/.439 after the break last year. I still think he's capable of putting up a 12/12 season with a good AVG/OBP and decent counting stats.

Comment

• Not sure if this thread is Frae-only or not - but any comments on my draft champions squad so far?

PITCHERS
          Severino
          Clevinger
          Treinen
          Mikolas
          Heaney
          Strop

C-
          C-
          1B- Aguilar
          2B- Merrifield
          3B- Ramirez
          SS- Simmons
          CI- Smoak
          MI- Hernandez
          OF- Ozuna
          OF- Hicks
          OF- Nimmo
          OF-
          OF-
          U-

Comment

• I took Beckham on the way down because I didn't have a SS backup and that was a pressing need, he is also 3b eligible. Might eventually chase JP Crawford so I have the Sea SS regardless. On the way back Dustin Fowler went ahead of me so I decided on Nick Williams. If Harper really goes to LA this could be a nice value.

18 Rounds to go and I probably need to go 9P/9H to get to 23 pitchers and 27 hitters or maybe 24/26.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
              Not sure if this thread is Frae-only or not - but any comments on my draft champions squad so far?

PITCHERS
              Severino
              Clevinger
              Treinen
              Mikolas
              Heaney
              Strop

C-
              C-
              1B- Aguilar
              2B- Merrifield
              3B- Ramirez
              SS- Simmons
              CI- Smoak
              MI- Hernandez
              OF- Ozuna
              OF- Hicks
              OF- Nimmo
              OF-
              OF-
              U-
              I really like the pitching. A little worried about the outfield and power in general.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                I really like the pitching. A little worried about the outfield and power in general.
                Thanks. Yes power is low at the moment. Most of the rest of my starter picks will be .240 25 HR types. Seems like they are much more abundant that the base stealers, which is why I went speed heavy. That's also why I targeted Simmons at SS to try and offset the AVG of these guys Im planning to get.

Comment

• Made a few more picks, I grabbed Nick Williams yesterday on the way back there. Now with Harper looking to be going somewhere other than Philly that looks like a pick that could pay off. Took Jacey Fry from CHW on the way back to me in rd 33. He may be nothing, but his ability to miss bats is impressive and Colome and Herrera aren't exactly stable closers in front of him. Kolten Wong just kept hanging around so I took the plunge in rd 34. So now after 34 picks I have this...

C D Jansen
                  C A Barnes
                  1b Carp
                  2b Altuve
                  SS P DeJong
                  MI J Harrison
                  3rb Vlad
                  CI Y Alonso
                  OF Robles
                  OF Peralta
                  OF A Meadows
                  OF R Braun
                  OF Jackie Bradley Jr
                  UT K Davis

SP DeGrom
                  SP Price
                  SP L Castillo
                  SP Darvish
                  SP J Musgrove
                  SP Matt Boyd
                  CL 1 F Vazquez
                  CL 2 Givens
                  CL 3 T May

RSV Soroka
                  RSV S Lugo
                  RSV R O'Hearn
                  RSV Samardzija
                  RSV W Calhoun
                  RSV T Anderson
                  RSV K Kela
                  RSV T Beckham
                  RSV N Williams
                  RSV J Fry
                  RSV K Wong

We will see where I go next, might look at a couple SP5 types I don't hate. I'll keep you posted as I slog through the last 16 rounds.
                  Last edited by frae; 02-27-2019, 10:16 PM.

Comment

• We have reached the point of this where I am just throwing darts or taking a few boring guys with jobs. I am in round 39 and just took AJ Puk as a dart throw. I'll post the end roster, but if anyone has any crazy deep sleepers or guys who they think will start at AAA and could help feel free to leave them. Thanks.

Comment

• If you're counting on May, maybe grab Hildenberger?

Comment

• Is Bleier still there? Might want to take him since you have Givens. Assuming Brendan Rodgers, Kyle Wright and Griffin Canning are gone?

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                          Is Bleier still there? Might want to take him since you have Givens. Assuming Brendan Rodgers, Kyle Wright and Griffin Canning are gone?
                          Bleier is still there I'll add him to the list. Rodgers and Wright are gone but I had just added Canning and Triston McKenzie to my dart throw list. and Hildenberger is there so I should probably take him too. Thanks guys.

Comment

• Final roster...

C Danny Jansen
                            C Austin Barnes
                            1B Matt Carpenter
                            2b Jose Altuve
                            3b Vlad G JR
                            SS Paul Dejong
                            OF Robles
                            OF Peralta
                            OF A Meadows
                            OF R Braun
                            OF J Bradley JR
                            CI Y Alonso
                            MI Josh Harrison
                            UT K Davis

P Degrom
                            P D Price
                            P L Castillo
                            P Y Darvish
                            P J Musgrove
                            P M Boyd
                            P F Vazquez
                            P T May
                            P M Givens

C's Plaweck, M Viloria

CI R O'Hearn, A Slater, K Hayes

MI - T Beckham, K Wong, J Iglesias

OF - W Calhoun, N Williams, , T Jankowski, Austin Hays, Daz Cameron, G Parra

SP - Soroka, Samardzija, T Anderson, R Borucki, AJ Puk, F Montas, G Canning,

RP - S Lugo, K Kela, J Fry, S Cishek, R Madson, Caleb Ferguson

Comment

• I like it, but those are almost all pitchers I'm high on. Maybe Carpenter gets some 2B time and you can swap in O'Hearn for J-Hey. Power seems to be your biggest weakness. Also not a lot of position flexibility which is also a problem for my team.

Comment

• Just wrapped up a world-record-setting 9-day (only) draft champions slow draft. I am pretty psyched about this squad...am I just inhaling the powdered Kool-Aid or should I really be? I had the double fortune of the second pick and the guy who wanted Betts in front of me.

C- Posey
                                C- Alfaro
                                1B- Abreu
                                2B- Marte
                                3B- Moustakas
                                SS- Semien
                                MI- Harrison
                                CI- Y.Alonso
                                OF- Trout
                                OF- M.Smith
                                OF- Mancini
                                OF- Myers
                                OF- K.Calhoun
                                U- K.Davis

Bench- My strategy was to try and take as many multi-eligibles as possible, and factoring all of those guys in, I ended up going 10 deep at OF and at least 5 deep at every other position except 1B (four deep).
                                C- Swihart, T.Murphy, Mesoraco
                                1B- Jose Martinez
                                2B- Urias, Erik Gonzalez, I.Diaz
                                3B- Aledmys Diaz, Renato Nunez, Bote
                                SS- Adrianza
                                OF- Zimmer, Engel

Pitching - Tried to get as many pitchers as possible.
                                T. Bauer
                                B. Snell
                                Treinen
                                L. Castillo
                                Heaney
                                Porcello
                                A. Bradley
                                K. Gibson
                                Rodon
                                ~~~
                                G. Holland
                                Loaisiga