heaney
    eovaldi
    hill
    kikuchi
    keuchel
    ryu
    lester
    quintana
    I'd probably take the risk and grab Darvish.

Comment

Decided on Darvish, it may not work but if it does I will be pretty good at SP.

Comment

Piscotty and Moncada went on the turn so did Hosmer so I decided to change directions. Paul Dejong is Correa light 8 rounds later and he fits my team. I am in a good spot in BA but need to bulk up at power now and will still have an MI slot to grab a more speed heavy guy.

1b Carp
        2b Altuve
        SS P DeJong
        3rb Vlad
        OF Robles
        OF Peralta
        UT K Davis

SP DeGrom
        SP Price
        SP L Castillo
        SP Darvish
        CL F Vazquez
        Last edited by frae; 02-18-2019, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Hampson and lerano went before me but one of my targets made it back so I grabbed Austin Meadows in rd 13. Probably need to look closer (used loosely) or mi I like Adames. Anyone love Hicks Bradley Vizcaino seranthony will Smith?

Comment

The closer situation is such a mess I refuse to waste this pick on it. Adames honestly doesn't stand out that much more to me than the other guys at MI (Taylor, Simmons, etc) and SP isn't great here so I decided to take a flawed player that will help me when he is healthy. Ryan Braun is not the picture of health anymore but in rd 14 the other parts of his game are good and he will give me some good speed and power. He will be a guy when healthy I can always use and when not I'll get to replace him with someone. So after 14 picks...

1b Carp
            2b Altuve
            SS P DeJong
            3rb Vlad
            OF Robles
            OF Peralta
            OF A Meadows
            OF R Braun
            UT K Davis

SP DeGrom
            SP Price
            SP L Castillo
            SP Darvish
            CL F Vazquez

Comment

I like Braun there. I don't like any of those closers. I agree that waiting on MI seems like a good plan. I guess if I had to pick a closer from that group I'd go Will Smith.

Comment

Coming back around with lots of options I have some level of interst in.

Smith, Vizcaino, and Bradley all went. Givens is still there and though they are sending mixed signals about how he will be used I do kind of like him.

Ignore closer and go for the best MR's left Andrew Miller, Betances etc.

C Danny Jansen I need one eventually , Wellington Castillo
                OF Winker Renfroe Bradley jr
                MI I don't love anyone enough here
                CI Josh Bell?

SP Musgrove, Lester, Whitley

Comment

I like Musgrove a lot. Jansen and JBJ also hold some interest.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                    I like Musgrove a lot. Jansen and JBJ also hold some interest.
                    Couldn't convince myself to chase saves yet and grabbed Musgrove as my SP 5.

On the way back I will see what is there. Could go Jansen or I do like Winker and JBJ. Or ignore saves and buy skills and Betances will be pretty good but get no saves and then chase saves later.

Comment

Good MRs without a lot of chances for saves are so tough in this format. I find I always end up picking up a pretty good MR in round 38 and then I never have a place to start them. But I really do love Dellin. You probably won't find those Ks in round 38.

Comment

Decided I wanted to get at least one catcher who wasn't total trash so I grabbed Jansen. I like him but waited so I didn't feel like I was over paying in rd 16 I think it is a solid value for me. For my starting roster I need a MI/CI/OF and 3 pitchers.

Need get a 3b also to hold down 2 weeks of no vlad. Probably the guy I'd most like to see slip to round 17 is JBJ. I also like Marwin because he is multi eligible. Pitching wise I'll grab one of these iffy closeres eventually. If Forrest Whitley hangs around maybe shoot for some upside there. Josh Bell/Kyle Seager/ Peter Alonso for my corner spot.

Finding SP's at this point gets dicey. Crazy part is we have so many rounds to go. Anyone have any deep sleepers that I should be looking at round 30 beyond who could be useful. I figure once I have my hitting starters I should take as many pitchers as I can for a while and sprinkle in hitting backups as I go until we run out of real options.

C D Jansen
                        1b Carp
                        2b Altuve
                        SS P DeJong
                        3rb Vlad
                        OF Robles
                        OF Peralta
                        OF A Meadows
                        OF R Braun
                        UT K Davis

SP DeGrom
                        SP Price
                        SP L Castillo
                        SP Darvish
                        SP J Musgrove
                        CL F Vazquez

Comment

Originally posted by frae View Post
                          Decided I wanted to get at least one catcher who wasn't total trash so I grabbed Jansen. I like him but waited so I didn't feel like I was over paying in rd 16 I think it is a solid value for me. For my starting roster I need a MI/CI/OF and 3 pitchers.

Need get a 3b also to hold down 2 weeks of no vlad. Probably the guy I'd most like to see slip to round 17 is JBJ. I also like Marwin because he is multi eligible. Pitching wise I'll grab one of these iffy closeres eventually. If Forrest Whitley hangs around maybe shoot for some upside there. Josh Bell/Kyle Seager/ Peter Alonso for my corner spot.

Finding SP's at this point gets dicey. Crazy part is we have so many rounds to go. Anyone have any deep sleepers that I should be looking at round 30 beyond who could be useful. I figure once I have my hitting starters I should take as many pitchers as I can for a while and sprinkle in hitting backups as I go until we run out of real options.

C D Jansen
                          1b Carp
                          2b Altuve
                          SS P DeJong
                          3rb Vlad
                          OF Robles
                          OF Peralta
                          OF A Meadows
                          OF R Braun
                          UT K Davis

SP DeGrom
                          SP Price
                          SP L Castillo
                          SP Darvish
                          SP J Musgrove
                          CL F Vazquez
                          Bradly Zimmer could be your deep sleeper . Speed and some power - Cleveland OF is a mess so if he gets healthy he will play.

Comment

Looking at guys who went after 450 in mine that I like

Chad Pinder
                            Nick Williams (if Harper goes to CHW)
                            JP Crawford
                            Clint Frazier
                            Jared Eickhoff
                            Daniel Robertson
                            Blake Swihart

Comment

Thanks guys I'll keep you posted. I hope this is interesting for anyone following along. Using my rotowire projections and targets I am probably going to be a little short in speed and saves initially. Anyone like a Greg Allen type at this point? It seems like CLE isn't going to make a move to improve the spot and 25 SB's from my 5th OF'er doesn't seem like a terrible use.

Comment

Originally posted by frae View Post
                                Thanks guys I'll keep you posted. I hope this is interesting for anyone following along. Using my rotowire projections and targets I am probably going to be a little short in speed and saves initially. Anyone like a Greg Allen type at this point? It seems like CLE isn't going to make a move to improve the spot and 25 SB's from my 5th OF'er doesn't seem like a terrible use.
                                My main concern is that you're already a little light on power. If that's not true, then I'd go ahead. If you need to take Allen to get him, and then you can draft a slugger in round 26 and mix and match for your 5th OF slot, that could work. Not sure who that is. Matt Kemp maybe? I see tons of late-round slugging 1Bs (Bour, R Zimm, Pujols, O'Hearn) but not as many similar OFs.

Comment

Working...
                                X