help, I'm bad at dynasty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help, I'm bad at dynasty

Points league, 14 teams, premium SP values are through the roof (Scherzer, Verlander, deGrom, Kluber, Nola last year were all worth more than any hitter) because 10 pts for W, 9 for QS

You can only resign two players per year, but you can give players contracts of arbitrary length as long as the team's total contract cap is under 75, which seems hard to hit. And you can freely give contracts to players you picked up as minor leaguers. Resigns are themselves tradable, I don't really urgently need mine - I'd be resigning two of Muncy, Jorge Polanco, Puig, or Treinen, or I could extend Bauer or Springer early.

Start 8 P, 1 C/1B/2B/3B/SS, 3 OF, 1 infielder, 1 UT, so OF values are a bit lower than normal also. 30 players on your team, any mix of majors/minors as long as you have a legal major league starting lineup.

offer: Goldschmidt (signed for 4 years), Kershaw (2), Profar (needs a resign this year), minor league Justus Sheffield
    for: Bauer (1), Bieber (needs free contract), Corbin Burnes (needs free contract), minor league Peter Alonso, minor league Kyle Tucker

Is that good? Another restatement of the player values - Bauer was worth about the same as Arenado/Machado last year.

My current minor leaguers: Alonso, Hampson, Brandon Lowe, Nick Gordon, Kieboom, Luis Robert, Tucker, Ian Anderson, Josh James, Paddack, Jose Suarez, Toussaint
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

I assume Bauer can't be re-signed again?

I think I want the Bauer side either way. Even with outfielders being depressed, I still really like Tucker, and with SP being so valuable, I like Bauer a lot too. Goldy is really, really good, but it seems like 1B shouldn't be that hard to find with no CI and lots of outfielders available for UT. None of them will be Goldy, but I think you can make do. Who knows, maybe Alonso turns into something when the Mets stop blocking him.

Still seems a LOT to pay for 1 year of Bauer. Bieber is probably startable, so that's a bonus.

Comment

No, Bauer can be extended again next year for as long as I want, I just have to use one of my two resigns on him.
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
        No, Bauer can be extended again next year for as long as I want, I just have to use one of my two resigns on him.
        Oh yeah, then I'd be all over this deal. And maybe even consider trading the other resign?

Comment

ok. I actually have the Bauer side already, I guess I didn't make it clear that this was an offer made to me. Thanks for looking at it!

Comment

Working...
          X