*** VD 14 History Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    If you want you could grab all the numbers from 2000 onwards, and that should cover all the new stats ... Eliminate the ineligible players and BY's, and I can reformat and just add to the SS.
    I mean, I figured the answer was me but just wanted to make sure. Can you send me a link to the existing spreadsheet so I can remember what format the data was in?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
      I mean, I figured the answer was me but just wanted to make sure. Can you send me a link to the existing spreadsheet so I can remember what format the data was in?
      First post of the VD 13 Draft Thread

Where Jamie Quirk has more value than Buster Posey. It's RJ's own take on fantasy baseball -- Vintage Drafting.

Comment

Any update on the data guys? Or does anyone have any links for the data? Lahman isn't a thing anymore or i'd do it myself.

Comment

I haven't had time to pull it. I'll try to find time this weekend. It takes some work to put together since I've lost my script I used last time.

Comment

Any update on the data guys? Or does anyone have any links for the data? Lahman isn't a thing anymore or i'd do it myself.
            A few months back I updated some of the players by hand. I could possibly post some here.

Comment

OK I'm pulling in stats from bbref now.

Starting with the fielding numbers. Not sure why, that was just the one I had. I'll move to pitching and batting after that .

Comment

OK I have all the data pulled down from bbref. I'll work on getting it into a format you guys can use in your silly spreadsheet

On the positive side, I'm comparing against my last data pull and there aren't many changes. Looks like the only real change for anyone we care about significantly is Ty Cobb - he got an extra AB and 2 extra Runs.

Oh, and Russ Ford picked up a win and lost a save from 1913

Comment

OK I have all the data pulled down from bbref. I'll work on getting it into a format you guys can use in your silly spreadsheet

On the positive side, I'm comparing against my last data pull and there aren't many changes. Looks like the only real change for anyone we care about significantly is Ty Cobb - he got an extra AB and 2 extra Runs.

Oh, and Russ Ford picked up a win and lost a save from 1913
                  We'll have to get the Franchise data lifted at some point also ...

Comment

We'll have to get the Franchise data lifted at some point also ...
                    Not following you, I thought this was a letter/decade draft? Or are you referring to a future one

Comment

Not following you, I thought this was a letter/decade draft? Or are you referring to a future one
                      Yeah yeah, a future draft. This one is set.

We haven't done a Franchise draft in a while, and it'd add some nice texture and variety to our options if we had the SS set up for Franchises also.

We could even try the ultimate some day: Letters, Decades and Franchises! POG

Comment

Yeah yeah, a future draft. This one is set.

We haven't done a Franchise draft in a while, and it'd add some nice texture and variety to our options if we had the SS set up for Franchises also.

We could even try the ultimate some day: Letters, Decades and Franchises! POG
                        From my data that I'm pulling down from b-ref, the challenge with franchises will be players who played on more than one team in a year. I'm just pulling one row per player-year so if they were on multiple teams I can't easily capture that. I'll have to rethink how to pull that down if we need franchises.

Comment

From my data that I'm pulling down from b-ref, the challenge with franchises will be players who played on more than one team in a year. I'm just pulling one row per player-year so if they were on multiple teams I can't easily capture that. I'll have to rethink how to pull that down if we need franchises.
                          We have a fixed set of rules from previously, that we will just import.

Basically, if a player played for a Franchise for 3 (or 5? 7?) years, he is eligible for that franchise. So players can have multiple eligibility. If a player doesn't meat the minimum, then the team he played for the most is his designated team.

Comment

We have a fixed set of rules from previously, that we will just import.

Basically, if a player played for a Franchise for 3 (or 5? 7?) years, he is eligible for that franchise. So players can have multiple eligibility. If a player doesn't meat the minimum, then the team he played for the most is his designated team.
                            That makes sense, but the question is what does it mean if a player was traded mid season. Does that count as a "year" for both franchises? Also I'm noting that I'm not currently able to capture that, I'm just getting the "TOTAL" row from bbref when there are multiple teams in a year and I'm sure I'd need to address that.

Comment

Frustrated. I ran through updating everything and went back and ran some checks and realized by pull from BBRef is hiding non-qualifiers on the pitching side... for some reason.

UGH!

Comment

Frustrated. I ran through updating everything and went back and ran some checks and realized by pull from BBRef is hiding non-qualifiers on the pitching side... for some reason.

UGH!
                                If it helps, you could just pull data for only players who played in the 2019 season, and I can merge it with the SS from last year.

Comment

Working...
                                X