I'm pondering getting a tattoo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm pondering getting a tattoo.

Talk me into it or out of it based on your experiences/thoughts.

I'm mostly concerned about the pain tolerance needed AND finding a tattoo artist that can be trusted to do a good job.
    “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

I get bored with t-shirts after I've worn them 3 or 4 times. I can't think of anything I'd want to look at for-my-ever.

Therefore, I think you should get a neck spiderweb, that morphs into a full back dragon.

Comment

Tattoos don't age well but you're already old right?
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

This is what I'm thinking about.

Comment

Has a Clingon feel about it ... I like. Will go well on your shoulder with a muscle vest.

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
            Tattoos don't age well but you're already old right?
            Exactly!!

Comment

My theory is that most people live life in the reverse order when it comes to stuff like this. Young people with everything to lose and their whole life ahead of them take risks taking drugs, having unprotected sex, doing risky stuff in general, and make decisions like getting tattoos that they will have to have for 60 years. But then, you hardly ever see older people doing this stuff,, which is exactly when the risk/reward ratio makes the most sense.

If you know you want it, and have liked that decision for awhile (I'd certainly give it a month or two to see if you get bored of it), I say for for it. Research places in your area and just go with a safe, good one. A design that simple should be easy for any decent artist to do well. After that, take some drugs you've never tried, and go sky diving .

Comment

Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                Exactly!!
                Fuck it then. Full face tat.

Comment

If you're in fuck it mode then, maybe you'll do a Vintage Draft one day ...

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                    Fuck it then. Full face tat.
                    Just like Gully Foyle in the Stars My Destination. Better yet, have it done like that character after he tried to get it removed. It wasn't there when calm, but bled threw when he got mad. How awesome would that be? Your face could be a mood ring.

Comment

draw it on yourself with a sharpie and see what you think of it in 2 weeks, I did this twice and that's what kept me from getting tatooed
                      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                          If you're in fuck it mode then, maybe you'll do a Vintage Draft one day ...
                          Nope. Last year was my last year of playing fantasy baseball in any shape or form.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                            My theory is that most people live life in the reverse order when it comes to stuff like this. Young people with everything to lose and their whole life ahead of them take risks taking drugs, having unprotected sex, doing risky stuff in general, and make decisions like getting tattoos that they will have to have for 60 years. But then, you hardly ever see older people doing this stuff,, which is exactly when the risk/reward ratio makes the most sense.

If you know you want it, and have liked that decision for awhile (I'd certainly give it a month or two to see if you get bored of it), I say for for it. Research places in your area and just go with a safe, good one. A design that simple should be easy for any decent artist to do well. After that, take some drugs you've never tried, and go sky diving .
                            I've never taken drugs NOR have I ever jumped out of a perfectly good airplane. (Probably won't start now.)

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                              Why is he opposed to Rag Rets?

Comment

Working...
                              X