Live and in-person auction drafts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    I have no funny auction stories. I did not know anyone from my league when I joined many years ago. I wanted to get into a league with sharks. They take the game seriously and have fun by playing at a high level.
    Wait is that the league with the random $300 budget?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
      Nope. NL only 5x5 ultra keeper $260 budget 12 teams. Last year went to OBP instead of ave. and SB-CS instead of just SB. Cut the reserve round down from 17 to 13 a few years ago.

We do the same for the AL.

Comment

Nope. NL only 5x5 ultra keeper $260 budget 12 teams. Last year went to OBP instead of ave. and SB-CS instead of just SB. Cut the reserve round down from 17 to 13 a few years ago.

We do the same for the AL.
        Ultra is a great format, as is an only-league. Sounds like a good one.

Comment

I have no funny auction stories. I did not know anyone from my league when I joined many years ago. I wanted to get into a league with sharks. They take the game seriously and have fun by playing at a high level.
          One can take the game seriously and still have fun at the auction. My league is hardly a chump league, I sure as hell can never find a way to win it. Don't ask me about Josh Hamilton and outfield walls...

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
            One can take the game seriously and still have fun at the auction. My league is hardly a chump league, I sure as hell can never find a way to win it. Don't ask me about Josh Hamilton and outfield walls...
            Absolutely.

I certainly was not judging anyone's auction. I was just saying I have no funny stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
              That would be my league from the original post.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                I have just as many crazy stories......
                I don't believe you.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                  I don't believe you.
                  Many of them are not safe for public consumption.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                    Many of them are not safe for public consumption.
                    I imagine if you could put together your ideal league, it would have the best stories if anyone could remember if they were real or not.

Comment

We may soon have a few managerial openings here in Western PA. Stay tuned..........

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                      X