Which AL reliever to keep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which AL reliever to keep

12 team AL only league that last year counts Hold+Saves as one category, but we are looking into changing it for this year to Holds have a value of 1 and Saves count 2 as a single category.

I am looking to protect 1 of the following relievers.

Matt Barnes $10/B
    Joe Jimenez $5/B
    Chris Devenski $8/B

Could Barnes be in the mix for saves in Boston?
    Will Jimenez take over for Greene in Det?
    Is Devenski able to return to 2017 stats, or is 2018 more of who he is?

My thoughts
    Devenski is not much of a discount at $8, so I could probably get him back around that price if I threw him back.
    I am leaning towards keeping Jimenez over Barnes due to salary difference, but it is a coin flip.

Any comments would be appreciated.

I don't love any of them. I think BOS ends up bringing Kimbrel back. Barnes was really good last year though, excluding a walk rate that was too high for comfort. And even if he's not closing he should rack up the holds on a really good team. If I was going to keep any of them it would be him.

Jimenez... man, I dunno. He was good last year and still got a decent number of holds, and he could end up as the closer. But the Tigers are NOT good.

Comment

how do you value a relief pitcher with era's of

I know it is 'what if' but devenski gave up 8 earn runs in zero innings, then went on the dl for over a month in 2018. Take those 8 earned out, his era was 2.66, right in line with '17 and '16.

Comment

When do you have to decide? If Kimbrel signs elsewhere before then, definitely go with Barnes. I have a similar choice with Brasier.

Comment

Working...
        X