No announcement yet.

i gave my first wise-ass answer to a school test today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i revised the end to stay consistent with my statement of purpose.

And this is why you can never explain reality. It's metaphysical and subjective. No matter how much electrons can be predicted and put to work, you cannot explain how the wind blowing in your face can be experienced or felt. Tesla accomplished a lot in his lifetime, but he was a man that could stop and look around when life moved pretty fast.

lol, the teacher was like wtf is this? because it was only supposed to be like 150 words. i fixed some of the grammar and spelling too. of course there is plenty of plagiarism. i think it might be silly that plagiarism is a bad thing. it should be a compliment.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      I have made a career out of selling electric motors. Both AC and DC, by far more AC than DC.

I am a Tesla fan.
      Me too!

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
        Me too!

Come on madducks at least post a bad ass Tesla song!

"I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

I did. Power ballads are bad ass too.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

i had a test in HVAC the other day and one of the questions was whats a BTU. one of the multiple choice answers was British Thermal United and without looking at it i chose it instead of a) quantity of heat. i thought it said british thermal unit. heh. trick question. i make sure now to say British Thermal United when i can. like if he is taking about a new tool, i ask if they make it.

another question was what happens to molecular activity at absolute zero. in HVAC you deal with vacuum pressures, and all during this class the instructor has been talking about it but he thinks that outside the planet, in space, there is an actual absolute zero vacuum. he's a good instructor, he just doesn't know. so i wrote in my answer that NO WHERE IN THE UNIVERSE IS THERE A TEMPERATURE OF ABSOLUTE ZERO. and i said if there was, it would spawn a new universe.

so again during class as he was grading the tests, he paused, and called me up to his desk. and asked if i was kidding. and i told the class that space had a temperature of 3 degrees Kelvin. and i asked them what they knew about temperature. we know that the speed of atoms determines heat. and if you have heat you cannot have a pure vacuum. or absolute zero. and that space has back round energy from the big bang. i didn't get the chance to tell them the scientific arm (Bell Labs) of AT&T in the 60's discovered it. although that would've been a nice story to tell. i said space has virtual particles coming in and out of existence all the time. and one of the students stood up and asked me if they were inter-dimensional. and i said according the Bell's theorem maybe as particles can communicate over vast distances.

but, this sort of shit gets the class in trouble. they don't know that i don't know shit about HVAC and get psyched out.

and then later we were going over math, like the volume of cylinder tanks. calculating triangles even. and i asked 'what are we refrigerating Picasso's house? and then the teacher told me to zip it.

at the end of the month i'll be living in an RV at the school. ..life is really crazy. heh

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
              i had a test in HVAC the other day and one of the questions was whats a BTU. one of the multiple choice answers was British Thermal United and without looking at it i chose it instead of a) quantity of heat. i thought it said british thermal unit. heh. trick question. i make sure now to say British Thermal United when i can. like if he is taking about a new tool, i ask if they make it.

another question was what happens to molecular activity at absolute zero. in HVAC you deal with vacuum pressures, and all during this class the instructor has been talking about it but he thinks that outside the planet, in space, there is an actual absolute zero vacuum. he's a good instructor, he just doesn't know. so i wrote in my answer that NO WHERE IN THE UNIVERSE IS THERE A TEMPERATURE OF ABSOLUTE ZERO. and i said if there was, it would spawn a new universe.

so again during class as he was grading the tests, he paused, and called me up to his desk. and asked if i was kidding. and i told the class that space had a temperature of 3 degrees Kelvin. and i asked them what they knew about temperature. we know that the speed of atoms determines heat. and if you have heat you cannot have a pure vacuum. or absolute zero. and that space has back round energy from the big bang. i didn't get the chance to tell them the scientific arm (Bell Labs) of AT&T in the 60's discovered it. although that would've been a nice story to tell. i said space has virtual particles coming in and out of existence all the time. and one of the students stood up and asked me if they were inter-dimensional. and i said according the Bell's theorem maybe as particles can communicate over vast distances.

but, this sort of shit gets the class in trouble. they don't know that i don't know shit about HVAC and get psyched out.

and then later we were going over math, like the volume of cylinder tanks. calculating triangles even. and i asked 'what are we refrigerating Picasso's house? and then the teacher told me to zip it.

at the end of the month i'll be living in an RV at the school. ..life is really crazy. heh
              Absolute Zero seems pretty heavy for HVAC.
              ---------------------------------------------
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

2nd law of thermodynamics, heat always moves to cold. so as the universe expands it gets colder. the backround energy gets spread out. if you expand far enough eventually the energy will reach zero and a pure vacuum. one of the kids in front of me is pretty smart. and he asked me. so i gave him my 20 year old book the inflationary universe. it's a good book but i don't like it. i could never understand the Higgs particle field. i also gave him the book Big Bang in a Little room, the quest to create new universes by Zeeya Merali.

so they think i am trying to create new universes. so i got that going for me. heh.

so when universes get so big and the energy gets used up, it automatically spawns a new universe. it seems like logical idea. i thought it up myself.

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                  Absolute Zero seems pretty heavy for HVAC.
                  we have negative readings on our pressure gauges. they have little red numbers!

Comment

we have negative readings on our pressure gauges. they have little red numbers!
                    wear your warmest coat and let me know when you get there ! I actually work in a sort of HVAC job, so it's fun to read your comments.
                    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

when it snowed the other day i wore my winter hat or toque under my Woody Harrelson zombieland rain forest tarp cowboy hat. the kids said they couldn't decide if i was Eminem or a Modern Day Cowboy.

Comment

another question was name three types of conduction. ..like convection or radiation.

i said
                        1) pouring hot oil on someones arms to obtain confession
                        2) burning someones arms with a lit cigar to obtain a confession
                        3) using a hot knife under fingernails to obtain a confession.

so i figure if i fail HVAC i can always become an Iraqi Republican guard and go into the torture business.

i was kidding of course, yet maybe i was having the kids spread the word not to break into my RV. lol

Comment

another question was name three types of conduction. ..like convection or radiation.

i said
                          1) pouring hot oil on someones arms to obtain confession
                          2) burning someones arms with a lit cigar to obtain a confession
                          3) using a hot knife under fingernails to obtain a confession.

so i figure if i fail HVAC i can always become an Iraqi Republican guard and go into the torture business.

i was kidding of course, yet maybe i was having the kids spread the word not to break into my RV. lol
                          okay, convection and radiation are clearly not conduction. Heat transfer is good stuff, but don't give in to the dark side
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                            okay, convection and radiation are clearly not conduction. Heat transfer is good stuff, but don't give in to the dark side
                            yeah they are. convection like a hot air balloon and radiation like a death ray. not giving into the dark side i just wanted to get the questions right. the 22 year old girl with daddy issues and tattoo's of skulls on her arms liked it. she hasn't paid much attention to me since i was the first one to hit on her. she's been going around the class to see if she can find something better first. at least she looks at me now and smiles instead of demurring her eye's in a sort of get lost look.

a better answer would've been getting hit by a bolt of lightning.

Comment

yeah they are. convection like a hot air balloon and radiation like a death ray. not giving into the dark side i just wanted to get the questions right. the 22 year old girl with daddy issues and tattoo's of skulls on her arms liked it. she hasn't paid much attention to me since i was the first one to hit on her. she's been going around the class to see if she can find something better first. at least she looks at me now and smiles instead of demurring her eye's in a sort of get lost look.

a better answer would've been getting hit by a bolt of lightning.
                              Death-rays may bring luminosity, however daddy issues cloud convection in a way many cannot understand. Perhaps you can
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

for some reason that reads like a dark version of onejay

also i finally got approved for unemployment and section 30 or training opportunities program. so i'll be rich living in my car.

Comment

Working...
                                X