Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
    for some reason that reads like a dark version of onejay

also i finally got approved for unemployment and section 30 or training opportunities program. so i'll be rich living in my car.
    Dark man brings light to the message board ?
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    ---------------------------------------------
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      Dark man brings light to the message board ?
      it's latent heat. change in state but no change in temperature.

Comment

so earlier they quoted AC/DC and Thunderstruck. and i said best example of conductivity during heat exchange was being struck by lightning. ..see what i did there?

Comment

so i found out from the next class after us that the teacher used my Earth, Wind and Fire as one of the possible answers in the game Kahoot that we play in class. so im officially famous. the reason i know is because i got the RV guy to go to the school and he's in the new class, and had told him this story. how cool is that. i don't want to say i dragged him to the school to make sure he joined. but i did, heh. i even went to his class orientation and sat in with him. i had a wicked cold too and looked like hell. the teachers let me even tho they new i was in another class. and i just pretended i was a new student in that class. the way i figure it, if for some reason things don't work out for me, at least i helped someone else make it. also, i passed my EPA 608 test today, my universal card for handling refrigerants.

also, i expect the part where i said if the universe reached absolute zero a new universe will spawn. the question what happens at absolute zero, and the answer is all molecular activity stops. but since space has a temp of 3 kelvin, you can never reach absolute zero. ..additionally if you think of it, you can gleam a few things from it. you can calculate the age of the universe and it's size based on the back round temperature. you can voir dire how hot it was originally and how long it took to cool. thus we also know that it's size isn't impossibly infinite.

so i am expecting the next time they play kahoots and that question comes up, one of the possible answers will be a new universe will spawn. SO BE CAREFUL WITH THAT VACUUM PUMP!

Comment

I wrote a few more synopsis for school. I tell you, it's a really bad school. it's a good thing there's lots of jobs in HVAC. so this essay was for a teacher that was a huge conspiracy theorist. he believed we lived in a dome and the earth is flat. he got fired and out of 18 students in my class there are 5 left the rest dropped out. right now I am on the 3rd class I've merged with due to not enough students. also, student overdose in the bathroom more than you think, and we also now have cameras every where recording audio too! and they say it's for training purposes lol.

notice in the essay how I put conspiracy stuff in it. heh

World Health Organization vaccine refrigerator and freezer systems.

In the past, ice-lined (ice or cold water compartments) refrigeration systems were used for vaccine storage. They can operate for 24 hours on 8 hours worth of electricity and newer models can keep vaccines safe on just 4 hours. When fully charged ice-lined systems can last over 20 hours during power outages and newer systems for a few days. In addition to ice-lined systems absorption cycle (gas or kerosene) refrigerator systems are also used to keep vaccines stored (between 2C-8C) in areas of the world with unreliable power grids. But such systems have reliability and cost problems. They can have supply interruptions, and when supplied, might be diverted for other uses. Also, they require frequent maintenance and are not as efficient as compression cycle (electric powered) systems; and there is a risk of freezing the vaccines.

Compression cycle refrigerators use electricity to power a compressor and the cooling system. They can be connected to a power grid and also use solar panels connected to a deep cycle battery. Yet, the battery needs to be replaced every 3-5 years, and like gas or kerosene, the batteries can be misused for other needs. These refrigerators can be expensive to run and additional funding should be planned. Today, funding for the World Health Organization is sketchy. It was formed in 1968 by the United Nations to help protect public health in the world using dues collected from the UN's member nations. But starting in the 1980's and continuing up to today, politics have played a big role in undermining the publics trust in it's system. In 1970 only a quarter of WHO funding relied on private interests, but today more than three quarters of it's four billion budget rely on individual donors. Similar to buying access to politicians, they buy access to the WHO and set the policies for the world's healthcare. As a result, in contrast to public funding, efforts are not always set to global health priorities but towards special interests. For example, in 2004 91 percent of it's budget was used to fight diseases that accounted for 8 percent of global mortality. Insecticide companies set the polices for malaria despite if malaria receded they would lose market share. Private drug companies set policies for access to medicine yet they would lose billions if patients could use cheaper generic drugs. Processed food companies set policies for fighting obesity. Funding for expensive refrigeration systems for medicine in the places in the world that need them the most is as compromised as much as when a devastating disease like smallpox infected ship crews 100's of years ago. The ships owner would downplay or hide the outbreak or risk losing his entire cargo. Or like today, when Ebola strikes in places like Congo or Guinea, local investors can compromise WHO efforts so as not to upset mining companies.

The newest off the grid refrigeration technology is solar direct drive or SDD. It uses solar panels to directly run a compressor during the day and thermal energy to convert a refrigerant solution into a liquid. It can store energy in ice or water or phase change material to keep vaccines safe at night.

Comment

pretty lame essay here. wasn't into it.

Cryonics

Cryonics is the process of freezing people shortly after demise with liquid nitrogen at temperatures below minus 320F in the hopes of being revived someday in the future.
              Cryogenics is the science of freezing materials at minus 290F and below and is considered to be low temperature physics. It is said that refrigeration ends and cryogenics starts when a gas can be liquefied at minus 240F. The word cryonics in Greek means 'cold'. Whether or not technology in the future will be able to revive and possibly cure someone that has died and has been cryogenically frozen is uncertain. Cryoprotectants are used during the freezing process and are a form of antifreeze to prevent cells and organs from developing ice crystals that can form and cause biological damage. It is assumed that most damage will occur during the unfreezing process, thus the industry will have to rely on technology not yet invented. I believe that it will be possible someday. Yet, it is also more likely civilization will be able to stop the aging process altogether before then.

Comment

another refrigeration one. I stole my own post from here. you can see at this point I have given up being serious. I actually got a good grade if they even read it at all.

actually as I was typing this on the school computer talking to a student he asked what I was doing, and I remarked how much the school sucks. and unbeknown to me some fat older guy behind me huffed and got up and walked out. not sure if he is a night teacher or who he is but I seen him before. that actually pissed me off. it's a good thing he didn't say anything to me as I am sure he's the guy that can't see his shoes and pissed all over the bathroom floor. which I would've accused him of.

Gas Absorbtion Refrigeration

In the past and up to today society have used gas absorbtion refrigeration to store cake. Cake is very important in shaping events in world history. Systems can use propane or kerosene and can run for a long time without needing electricity. It uses gas with a low boiling point such as ammonia -28F and needs only a heat source to condense the ammonia into a liquid. It has no moving parts except fluid and runs silently.

Some examples of cake influencing world history include:

*American Revolution: we made cakes to drink with our tea and put whipped cream and strawberries on top of them and called them crumpets. But once King George III taxed the flour too much we had no use for the tea and dumped it into Boston Harbor.

*George Washington: was so fond of cake the sugar rotted his teeth and he stopped smiling -causing opposing generals to guess his strategy which helped him defeat Cornwallis.

*Napoleon: liked cake so much it resulted the Louisiana Purchase and we got 828,800 square miles of territory. We paid France 78 million francs (15 million dollars) for 15 states, including all of Oklahoma, Nebraska, Iowa, Arkansas, Kansas and Missouri to Napoleon who promptly blew it on three hundred and seventy five thousand highly quality pastries.

*American Civil War: happened because of cake. The South being the bigger economy than the North, needed slave labor to make and export cake. 600,000 americans died for cake. It revolutionized warfare creating the gatling gun and repeating rifles. Cake laid waste to Richmond, Virginia and Atlanta; Abraham Lincoln said in a speech one month before his death "With malice toward none; with cake for all…let us strive on to finish the work we are in."

*Suffragette movement: was started because of cake. We wanted women to stay at home and bake but they wanted to start cake businesses that sold cakes not just cook them for free.

*Titanic: sank because of cake. It wasn't because of flour but frosting. Bakers stored it in absorbtion refrigerators near the ships boilers -a propane leak ignited and blew a hole in the ship.

*WWII: was won because of cake. Enrico Fermi and Albert Einstein originally came to america because we had the best cakes in the world. The process of understanding nuclear fission and making an atomic bomb was completed over many nights while at bakeries.

*landing a man on the moon: we went to the moon to bring back cheese for cheesecake. The expedition's costs equaled 5 drake's coffee cakes for every american per day the mission was active. When Neil Armstrong stepped out of the space capsule he said "one small step for man, one giant step for all pastry chefs."

*Berlin wall: fell because of cake. When Ronald Reagan spoke they leave out the last part, but there was so much flour in the world the wall was made of hard cooking dough and vegetable oils (to keep people from climbing it). "he said Mr Gorbachev tear down this wall of chiffon."

Comment

this one was for my pipe fitting teacher who has like 14 pit bulls. it came out pretty good.

Pipe joining used as fencing and water systems for animals

The first animal domesticated by mankind is the dog. The accepted timeline was at least 14,000 to 18,000 years ago. For reference, humans started farming about 12,000 years ago. The earliest recorded use of metal piping was the Egyptians 5,000 years ago using copper. Also the Chinese used bamboo 4,500 years ago to transport natural gas from shallow wells for lighting their capital.
                  Piping has been instrumental in the rise of civilization. Today piping can be used as fencing and water systems for animals. But in the past the most important thing mankind had was the dog. Because dogs were the first animal domesticated they have spent the longest time with us. They assisted in domesticating other animals like the goat 12,000 years ago and the pig and sheep 11,000 years ago and the cow 10,000 years ago and chicken 8,000 years ago. Dogs herded farm animals, guarded, hunted, transported and rescued them. They performed everything a pipe joined fence does today.
                  The human race would not be here today if it wasn’t for dogs. 70,000 years ago a super volcano called Toba erupted in Indonesia. There is very little diversity in our DNA. It is estimated that afterwards the human population was reduced to as few as 10,000 to 30,000 individuals and is referred to as the Great Human Bottleneck. Also, another massive volcano erupted 30 to 40 thousand years ago in Naples. This was about the time the last of the Neanderthal species went extinct.
                  Using other dating techniques it can be argued that dogs were domesticated from wolves up to 40,000 years ago. But there is no evidence of dogs at Neanderthal sites. But there is evidence at Homo Saipan or modern human sites. The human and the dog is an unprecedented alliance of two apex predators in nature. And we came together because of disaster and the environmental pressures put on us.
                  In the recent past up to day, when you farmed and lived near oil wells and companies, scrap piping was available for fencing. And can also be used with polyvinyl chloride (PVC) and polyethylene (PE) piping for water systems. Most livestock water systems use 100 to 160 psi rated pipe. Some advantages of PE over PVC is that it requires less joints resulting in fewer chances for leaks. Disadvantages of PE is higher cost and less flow rate.

Comment

Working...
                  X