Phillies trade for Realmuto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phillies trade for Realmuto

The Marlins have traded All-Star catcher J.T. Realmuto to the Phillies for a package of four young players. Read more at MLB Trade Rumors.
    Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

I mean, if Alfaro is good, this could be a steal for the Marlins. Sixto has a massive ceiling. But this is definitely less than the Marlins were trying to get.

Philly has a really good lineup even without Machado or Harper. The question is, will they still pull the trigger on one of those guys?

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
      I mean, if Alfaro is good, this could be a steal for the Marlins. Sixto has a massive ceiling. But this is definitely less than the Marlins were trying to get.
      yeah, this was my reaction too; I'm guessing Sixto was the best SP prospect on the table so they worked around that.
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

I think they will pull the trigger on Harper. Then again JT is another pal of Harper so.....

I am split on the trade. I loved the improvement in Alfaro at the plate after July 1st last year. Only issue I had with Alfaro was his passed balls. Phillies were supposedly not happy with Sixto's conditioning and add in him not pitching in the AFL after being shut down after 7 starts this year in Clearwater you wonder if he has problems. I wanted to see what Sixto could do this year, but that is moot now.
        Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Hard to believe this is thebest Miami could do, but it definitely isnt terrible. Still we have to wait 3 years for Sixto at least, provided his arm doesnt break.

Comment

Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
            I think they will pull the trigger on Harper. Then again JT is another pal of Harper so.....

I am split on the trade. I loved the improvement in Alfaro at the plate after July 1st last year. Only issue I had with Alfaro was his passed balls. Phillies were supposedly not happy with Sixto's conditioning and add in him not pitching in the AFL after being shut down after 7 starts this year in Clearwater you wonder if he has problems. I wanted to see what Sixto could do this year, but that is moot now.
            If you are a Phillies' fan as I vaguely recall, this is a great trade for you. Forget the defense, remember the K's. As a Braves fan, I am a bit pissed we didn't top the offer, and we could have.

Comment

Working...
            X