Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frank Robinson, RIP

The baseball legend was 83. RIP.

The first black manager (player/manager) benched himself instead of trying to get the 57 hits he needed for 3000 or the 14 home runs he needed for 600. I always liked his 1964 Topps Giant (size) card. RIP Frank Robinson.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Opening Day 1975 that man became a hero to many of us kids. Class act, Great player. God Bless Frank

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

My first memory of him was as an aging Oriole. I thought it was funny there were two Robinsons.

J
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

great interview on Mad Dog radio last night with Pete Rose, who went into how Robinson and Vada Pinson took Pete under their wings when Pete got there and taught him how to be a professional. This was despite the fact that Reds management had concerns about Pete hanging with black men. If you get a chance to listen, I recommend it.
          After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Rachel Robinson buried her husband Jackie 47 years ago - and saw Frank become the first black MLB manager just three years later.

I expect we'll see her at Frank's funeral as well.

all that nonsense must seem like more than 100 years ago to young baseball fans.
            but there are still a few left who bore witness.....
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
            X