Thread: The Reptors parry

The Reptors parry

The Raptors are finalizing a deal which will send Jonas Valanciunas, Delon Wright, CJ Milles and a 2024 second-round pick to the the Grizzlies for Marc Gasol.

Gasol, Siakam, Kahwi, Green, Lowry ... me like.

The east playoffs are gonna be wild.

Wow. They obviously felt the need to keep up with the Sixers and Bucks but this is a defense that could give the Warriors problems in the finals.

Would be nice to see them add another great perimeter defender.

Quote Originally Posted by TS Garp View Post
    Would be nice to see them add another great perimeter defender.
    They don't have good enough perimeter defenders for you, now? I agree that there's a heavier reliance on VanVleet in the backcourt than is ideal with the loss of Wright, but they'll be able to get someone. Shame for them that the Sixers already snagged James Ennis.

Quote Originally Posted by B-Fly View Post
    They don't have good enough perimeter defenders for you, now? I agree that there's a heavier reliance on VanVleet in the backcourt than is ideal with the loss of Wright, but they'll be able to get someone. Shame for them that the Sixers already snagged James Ennis.
    Exactly on Ennis. Their defense is elite but they need that defensive stopper they can bring off the bench in key moments and/or when Kawhi needs a breather or gets banged up. Too bad Ariza's defense isn't what it used to be. Bazemore would be interesting, too.

Wes Matthews is being bought out and has of course lost a step or two, like Ariza, but certainly knows how to play good defense and wouldn't wilt under playoff pressure. I've heard the Pacers want him, but the Raptors could pursue him as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TS Garp View Post
    Exactly on Ennis. Their defense is elite but they need that defensive stopper they can bring off the bench in key moments and/or when Kawhi needs a breather or gets banged up. Too bad Ariza's defense isn't what it used to be. Bazemore would be interesting, too.
    I think that with the amount of time off Lowry has had so far (and Kahwi), VanVleet's time will diminish heading into the playoffs. The bench still has OG, Powell, and Ibaka (assuming he's not starting) ... they have a lot of options to go big, or fast, and depth. It should be a fun spring up here!

Jeremy Lin should be a solid backup off the bench.