The Reptors parry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Reptors parry

The Raptors are finalizing a deal which will send Jonas Valanciunas, Delon Wright, CJ Milles and a 2024 second-round pick to the the Grizzlies for Marc Gasol.

Gasol, Siakam, Kahwi, Green, Lowry ... me like.

The east playoffs are gonna be wild.
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Wow. They obviously felt the need to keep up with the Sixers and Bucks but this is a defense that could give the Warriors problems in the finals.

Comment

Would be nice to see them add another great perimeter defender.

Comment

Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
          Would be nice to see them add another great perimeter defender.
          They don't have good enough perimeter defenders for you, now? I agree that there's a heavier reliance on VanVleet in the backcourt than is ideal with the loss of Wright, but they'll be able to get someone. Shame for them that the Sixers already snagged James Ennis.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
            They don't have good enough perimeter defenders for you, now? I agree that there's a heavier reliance on VanVleet in the backcourt than is ideal with the loss of Wright, but they'll be able to get someone. Shame for them that the Sixers already snagged James Ennis.
            Exactly on Ennis. Their defense is elite but they need that defensive stopper they can bring off the bench in key moments and/or when Kawhi needs a breather or gets banged up. Too bad Ariza's defense isn't what it used to be. Bazemore would be interesting, too.

Comment

Wes Matthews is being bought out and has of course lost a step or two, like Ariza, but certainly knows how to play good defense and wouldn't wilt under playoff pressure. I've heard the Pacers want him, but the Raptors could pursue him as well.

Comment

Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                Exactly on Ennis. Their defense is elite but they need that defensive stopper they can bring off the bench in key moments and/or when Kawhi needs a breather or gets banged up. Too bad Ariza's defense isn't what it used to be. Bazemore would be interesting, too.
                I think that with the amount of time off Lowry has had so far (and Kahwi), VanVleet's time will diminish heading into the playoffs. The bench still has OG, Powell, and Ibaka (assuming he's not starting) ... they have a lot of options to go big, or fast, and depth. It should be a fun spring up here!
                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Jeremy Lin should be a solid backup off the bench.

Comment

So how many games will Ibaka be suspended and does that materially harm the Raps' chances of a one seed?

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                      So how many games will Ibaka be suspended and does that materially harm the Raps' chances of a one seed?
                      3 and yes . They won’t catch the Bucks.

Comment

I am heading down for game 1 raptor's vs magic. Row F behind the basket (floor seat section, then my section...so about 6 rows up)

saw on tv today that og ag? went under the knife, out for two weeks. every time I look at him, I think back to the hey hey hey carton with jello man. one of the characters had the same haircut.

go raps!!

Comment

Working...
                        X